Hi everyone

I was a member on the old mightyd50 forum before it got hacked... now I'm back.

I have a 1984 turbodiesel D50 4x4 truck -- was a good work truck for many years, and then the engine had some issues (broke a few of the rocker arms -- eugh). Now the engine is working again (plus I have a complete second parts engine), and I'm wanting to get it back on the road (economy is not doing as well as a few years ago, so I'm selling the new truck and going back to the D50 for a work truck -- I liked it better anyway I'll post some pics of it as I get it put back together.

I used to average around 22 to 24mpg -- topper with ladder rack and ladders, 4x4, mixed mountain and highway and city driving. I could get up to 26ish in that configuration on highway trips. Which wasn't as much as I'd hoped for from the turbodiesel, but certainly was way better than the 4.0 liter V6 ranger I've been driving more recently -- that averaged 18, and 21 on a highway trip (without the ladders) was best. I ran it on biodiesel mostly, or B20 in the winter, and it runs a little smoother on that than diesel.

Looking forwards to being back here.

Oh... and my username... not sure how the heck that ended up as it or what the heck it means -- computer user error in typing it in I think, but that's what it ended up as.