Array
    Status
    Marion NC
    Vehicle

1996 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

Please Select Engine Type

Mighty Max VR4???

Hey guys, anyone ever heard of a 97 mighty max custom ordered with a 3000gt VR4 motor from the factory?

Array
    Status
    Columbus, OH
    Vehicle

1992 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

Other
    it would be one out of 207 Mighty Max's made that year but no... and it definitely wasn't 4WD, none were made in 1997.

Array
    Status
    Marion NC
    Vehicle

1996 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

Please Select Engine Type
    Yaeh, I knew 96 was the last year they were made and I think 94 was the last year for the 4x4. Anyway, it was a mis-understanding. I'm actually looking at a 1994 Mighty Max with a VR4 non-turbo. Says it was custom bought that way from the factory. What do you think?

Array
    Status
    Mt.Airy NC
    Vehicle

1994 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

6G72
    Quote Originally Posted by Spyderlock View Post
    Yaeh, I knew 96 was the last year they were made and I think 94 was the last year for the 4x4. Anyway, it was a mis-understanding. I'm actually looking at a 1994 Mighty Max with a VR4 non-turbo. Says it was custom bought that way from the factory. What do you think?

Sounds like someone seen you coming and did a custom move. But yeah, do a little research. The 3.0 is a 6g72, ran in many vehicles. Some with sohc, some with dohc, some with dohc-turbo. Just about simple swaps.

Array
    Status
    New Bern, NC
    Vehicle

1986 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    These trucks came with a 3.0 single cam which can be converted to a DOHC turbo easily

Array
    Status
    New Bern, NC
    Vehicle

1986 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    Yea VR4 was the designation given to the turbo awd 3000gt's. It's used on some JDM Galants too. The trucks wouldn't be badged for it. It's more like mitsu's version of Civic SI or Sentra SE-R. However doing a turbo swap on a V6 and badging it like a JDM with VR4 would look cool but it wasn't an option for these trucks.

Array
    Status
    Vista CA
    Vehicle

1991 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

6G72
    I wanted to do that swap for a while, and still do but getting around CARB's bullshit is proving to be my hangup.

Array
    Status
    North West Florida
    Vehicle

1994 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G64
    Never head of this. You have some pics or proof one was ever made?

Array
    Status
    New Bern, NC
    Vehicle

1986 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    CARB? noob here lol Doing it shouldn't be a problem since youre non obdII

Array
    Status
    Vista CA
    Vehicle

Engine

6G72
    [QUOTE=recian;21294]CARB? noob here lol Doing it shouldn't be a problem since youre non obdII[/QUOTE

No no Hahah California air recourses Board they set all.the emissions laws here you cant hardly put an exhaust tip on without their stamp of approval

Array
    Status
    Columbus, OH
    Vehicle

1992 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

Other
    In California, if an aftermarket part doesn't have a CARB Number, they can impound the vehicle. That's why everybody has a disclaimer that the part is for racing only!

from AEM's website: Legal in California only for racing vehicles which may never be used upon a highway.

Array
    Status
    New Bern, NC
    Vehicle

1986 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    F**K that. I couldn't do that lol Move to the real world. :D One day an earthquake will separate CA from the US and it'll float out to sea and we'll be better off. Everything bad starts in CA then moved across the US. I'm happy enough my 84 diesel D50 is non emissions so it has no cats or anything. So if I was in CA I couldn't put an intercooler on it to enhance performance and lower EGT's without a CARB stamp.. Something that doesn't hurt emissions it actually helps by keeping the NOX down and cooling exhaust temps wouldn't be allowed. An intercooler on the 4D55 actually helps emissions on those trucks along with performance. Only reason they didn't have em is price. The trucks were made on the cheap. The Montero's have intercoolers on the TD engines.

Array
    Status
    Washington State
    Vehicle

1986 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G63B
    Hmmm, California slides off into sea?!?!? That means I would have ocean front property!!! Cool!

Thing about California is the disease they have with smog devices is spreading across the states fast. WA state = on all 2009 up vehicles registered in the state must abide to California smog certification. As well, even if your vehicle is exempt from smog checks in the state...25 years or older. If an officer decides to pop your hood and notices lets say an illegal header, $2,500 fine.
    Information obtained from Doc's Muffler(oldest muffler shop in Spokane, WA.)
    docs.jpg

Array
    Status
    Vista CA
    Vehicle

Engine

6G72
    Let me give you an example of how stupid the rules here are. Five or so years ago i took my 1978 RV down to get a smog check I have been taking the EGR valve off because it broke once and I had to rebuild it since they are no longer available. Anyway It passed with flying colors with the EGR off but failed visual so I came back the next day with the EGR on and when I got the results I compared the two and it ran CLEANER without the egr valve but still wont pass with it off!? OH dual exhaust? hah forget it not allowed they think double the pipes means double emissions even though there are two cats.

http://www.utsandiego.com/weblogs/am...007-diesel-ru/
    Read this article, these are the people who are running our state: lying employees who purchase their degrees from Israeli pedophiles.

Array
    Status
    Washington State
    Vehicle

1986 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G63B
    That was interesting. I find it hard to believe how one person can be the last decision on what the smog laws are in an entire state. Don't they do intense studies on this crap. Apparently not, I believe it mostly all a way to make money for states and to calm down the east coast from crying acid rain in the politicians ears.
    When I lived in California, every 2 years I would just throw my smog stuff on for the test and soon as it was completed, I drove home and disconnected everything all over again. On my Celica I owned, I had to drive it back from Florida after my brother purchased the car and had some medical issues and I bought it back. I had Florida plates and some lady pulled in front of me and I ran into her. Her fault and all and the Los Gatos Police wrote a report and soon as the lady left in her drivable car, the cop had me open my hood. When I did, he got pissed off...said if He caught me in the county again driving this car he would impound it for modifications. This was a long time ago, when police first got their Camaros. He had a brand new one.