Ok, I'm new to this forum. I've got a few problems with my motor. I have a 94 mighty max v6, 6g72. Im going to get this out of the way before someone says anything, Im not a idiot, Im just about done with a 2 year degree in auto system tech. AND yes i used the search function, but apparently "oil" and "low" are non existing. Anyway. Truck has 261k miles on it, this is the 2nd rebuilt ive got. I've got about 6-7k on the new rebuild. Up to about 3-4k in the new rebuild, oil light started coming on. I had just started smelling oil burning on the exhaust. Put it on the lift at school, diagnosed the real seal is leaking. Since this is my only form of transportation 90% of the time, I decided to fix it myself. This is my dads truck, which he paid someone to rebuild it since I would have took my time on it because of my classes and all, which really in the end he still had to wait. So, um, i was putting in a quart bout every week. oil light coming up, especially at idle. Past weekend, I put in the new rear main seal, dropped the trans all that good crap, I just happen to noticed there was a BOLT missing from the rear main seal housing, I was pretty pissed that who ever built it neglected this, But whatever, got new bolts, put them in. Got it all back together. Doesn't leak oil no more. But the oil light is still coming on, I also did a oil change in the process, I am using Valvoline synthetic 10-30. When I start the truck, it doesn't come on but after its been running aka gets up to operating temperature it lights up. I also hear the valves ticking, mainly at idle at a stop light, or at cruising speed. Give it gas, or put a load on the motor it goes away, the light and ticking. the light doesn't come on during actual driving. I would like to use obd to check for engine codes but my scanner tells me to check for power and I've done everything to get power to it, doesn't work. I am thinking oil pump, but I could be wrong. I am pretty sure it was not replaced. But I do know most of the parts that were replaced since I found most of them....unlike the shop that did it, apparently has no use of internet.

What I found for the rebuild
New crank or used but I mic'd it to be in great condition.
Used heads/cams/valves etc. no crack in the heads.
New rods. new rings, new bearings, I don't think the motor needed bored, it's already bored .040 over.
gaskets, I'm not sure of the other stuff that was replaced. My dad got the list. I can get it if needed.