Array
    Status
    Mt. Horeb, Wisconsin
    Vehicle

1983 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G63

83 Mighty Max clinging to life, need help

I am interested in deleting the Jet Injection and blocking the holes and could use help on steering me to the correct place in the site or advising me. I have a 1983 Mitsubishi Might Max 2wd pickup, 4G63B, 4speed, born and raised in CA but recently moved to WI. I bought it with a burnt valve and 90Kmiles on it with no rust (some surface) and otherwise in excellent condition. It was in Fullerton CA and I picked it up in 1996 and rebuilt the head. It has served me well and reliably since. In 2000 I completely rebuilt all the moving parts outside of the drivetrain with new from Mitsubishi OEM parts (my wife worked for the national headquarters in Cypress and I was able to get parts for one cent on the dollar). All new suspension, front and rear, steering etc. It road like new.
    I am into SOHC Honda MCs from the 70s and used the truck to drive all over buying broken down bikes for a pittance. It has been on many an adventure.
    Now that I moved back to the midwest, it is suffering.
    I lost my third CA only dual circuit EGR valve and couldnt find another for the life of me and am trying to install a Weber 32/36 DGEV conversion. I am going to need help eventually with that, but first, when I took off the valve cover I noticed #2 cylinder had pitched the MCA jet valve, breaking the tappet lobe off and leaving the parts in the top and bottom of the engine. After removing the oilpan I found the spring cap and two tiny retaining clips in the bottom.
    I have attached some photos of the area and parts I found. Eventually I will be looking for the rubber seals for the windows and some other cosmetic parts, for now I need to get this up and running and want to delete the MCA jets, replace the original carb with the Weber and put on a header exhaust system.
    Thanks for any help. FYI I have a bunch of original lit on this and other Mitsu models of same time period. Do you have a scanned lit section?
    Peace
    Andre217_8699.jpg217_8703.jpg217_8690.jpg

Array
    Status
    Washington State
    Vehicle

1986 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G63B
    images.jpg
    Welcome aboard, I think I can help you here. MCA jet valves can be removed and they sell a kit to fill in the holes that are left when removing them. It is certainly good news that you found the pieces with out finding out later when it could of sucked it into the cam. Sure way to punch a hole in the head if it did.
    The Kit is 4 stainless steel bolts with threaded on the one end that plugs hole and a rubber washer. range from $20-$25
    Last edited by BradMph; 06-02-2013 at 03:03 PM.

Array
    Status
    Mt. Horeb, Wisconsin
    Vehicle

1983 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G63
    Quote Originally Posted by BradMph View Post
    images.jpg
    Welcome aboard, I think I can help you here. MCA jet valves can be removed and they sell a kit to fill in the holes that are left when removing them. It is certainly good news that you found the pieces with out finding out later when it could of sucked it into the cam. Sure way to punch a hole in the head if it did.
    The Kit is 4 stainless steel bolts with threaded on the one end that plugs hole and a rubber washer. range from $20-$25
    I have been looking for this kit with no luck, where is a decent place to get them?
    So head is going to have to come off also it looks.
    If I remove the head the original exhaust is a goner.
    Also recommendation for a decent header? See several on Ebay, no idea of quality. Second catalytic converter has a baseball sized hole in the bottom, everything is rusted solid now and I have already welded the cat on the exhaust manifold twice, I have had it with the original exhaust. No need for emissions anymore, want to clean up the engine, put on the Weber Carb, get a decent durable header pipe, and get on with hauling (found out today I need to dig up a chunk of my septic field and lay down about a yard of sand, wife wont like a a scoop of screen sand in her Odyssey)

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    For windshield and door gaskets for the opening, Steele rubber products have them, for the window sweeps for the door glass PM Mike Warme on here - he will respond, but it will take a while.
    Pennyman1
    The best Dodge that Dodge never made
    Living the D-50 lifestyle since 1980

Array
    Status
    Calgary, Alberta, Canada
    Vehicle

1981 Dodge D-50
    Engine

Ford V8

Array
    Status