I am interested in deleting the Jet Injection and blocking the holes and could use help on steering me to the correct place in the site or advising me. I have a 1983 Mitsubishi Might Max 2wd pickup, 4G63B, 4speed, born and raised in CA but recently moved to WI. I bought it with a burnt valve and 90Kmiles on it with no rust (some surface) and otherwise in excellent condition. It was in Fullerton CA and I picked it up in 1996 and rebuilt the head. It has served me well and reliably since. In 2000 I completely rebuilt all the moving parts outside of the drivetrain with new from Mitsubishi OEM parts (my wife worked for the national headquarters in Cypress and I was able to get parts for one cent on the dollar). All new suspension, front and rear, steering etc. It road like new.
I am into SOHC Honda MCs from the 70s and used the truck to drive all over buying broken down bikes for a pittance. It has been on many an adventure.
Now that I moved back to the midwest, it is suffering.
I lost my third CA only dual circuit EGR valve and couldnt find another for the life of me and am trying to install a Weber 32/36 DGEV conversion. I am going to need help eventually with that, but first, when I took off the valve cover I noticed #2 cylinder had pitched the MCA jet valve, breaking the tappet lobe off and leaving the parts in the top and bottom of the engine. After removing the oilpan I found the spring cap and two tiny retaining clips in the bottom.
I have attached some photos of the area and parts I found. Eventually I will be looking for the rubber seals for the windows and some other cosmetic parts, for now I need to get this up and running and want to delete the MCA jets, replace the original carb with the Weber and put on a header exhaust system.
Thanks for any help. FYI I have a bunch of original lit on this and other Mitsu models of same time period. Do you have a scanned lit section?
Peace
Andre217_8699.jpg217_8703.jpg217_8690.jpg