Array
    Status
    Washington State
    Vehicle

1986 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G63B

Carb popping and little rough Idling

Instead of writing out an entire story and trying to describe what is happening, I posted a video of the problem and hope can fix the issue I am having.

The truck started acting up so I pulled it in to garage to do some long time needed maintenance. Just before, the truck began to sputter and pop out the carb and had some hard starting for a long time. The truck is babied more then the typical truck and I owned it since '87. I did a bunch of work with new Carter fuel pump, new holley fuel regulator, exhaust manifold, another distributor, new 100 amp alternator, new timing and balance shaft belts, rockers adjusted, another starter, added relays while also removing old wiring of installed accessories, driving lights, amp, put in a fuse terminal in engine bay. So, everything works fine and my minor electrical problems are cured. But, the engine sputter and carb popping is still going.
    I did a compression test and readings are...#1=155, #2=145, #3=145, #4=155. Rocker adjustment seemed like normal with a few tight ones, but nothing out of ordinary.
    Anyway, check the video if you like and if you notice something I haven't, chime in and we'll check it to be sure. I do need to recheck the timing belt replacement, though I have replaced them 3 times in the past, this last time the belts must of jumped prior to replacing and were out of their alignments. I realigned the sprockets before installing belts, but you never know when your tired and thought you did it all correct.

Thx
    USE THIS LINK IF ABOVE DOESN"t WORK
    http://youtu.be/bgC24-f2E2w
    Video starts dark because timing light adjustment, the lights come on hang tight
    Last edited by camoit; 05-28-2013 at 06:49 PM.