So I fixed my a/c today. I've been going between 2 threads about it so I'm going to make this as a how to thread for anyone having a/c issues. I have a feeling it'll answer alot of guy's problems. Mainly my point goes out to mitsupimpsled. I think this is your problem. Here goes

What's wrong with your a/c? Not working? intermittent issues? Have a good refrigerant charge? This is mostly for electrical. First thing you wana do is drop the glove box out. THere's 2 tabs on the sides and it'll fall straight down. Infront of you is your Cooling unit, basically evaporator + wiring harness. At the bottom of this box is the Climate control unit. What you wana do is wiggle the connector and harness vigorously. Not weakly. If this causes your problem to come or go then you experienced what I did. First thing you wana do is pull it down, 2 phillips screws on the bottom and it comes down, pull it through the glove box opening for easier access. Is the connector difficult to remove? Does it have to be forced in? Then that's part of your problem. The socket has swollen and so have the terminals. What you need to do now is go on ebay and buy a radio connector. Theyre cheap and theyre the same connector! Here's an example.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Factory-Radi...bd8775&vxp=mtr

Only problem with this is there's one empty terminal. Easy fix the kit comes with a smaller connector. Use a small flathead screwdriver and compress the tab inside and slide one of those pins out and pop it into the bigger connector.
Now what you wana do is strip the harness back about 4" up to the pigtail for the evaporator temp connector exposing the wires. Then trace them all back to the connector and cut and solder one at a time. Once it's all done and cleaned up this new one should fit into your controller quite nicely and smoothly. This should fix your problem if it's not too major. If it is, Next is the major fix

Major fix. Remove the black cover from the unit, 2 screws on the bottom, small flathead and pop it off. Now if the problem still exists by shaking the connector socket itself then keep going. notice this picture: Look closely at the 4 pins to the right of the screw hole.

If you remove the screw (that was missing in my pic since I took mine out) pull and push the socket you'll notice these pins move in and out. The solder joints are broken. What you'll need is a fine tipped soldering gun, solder and a stable hand. Hold the gun parallel to the socket touching it just enough to warm it slightly. Touch it with some solder and it should drop onto the pins and melt perfectly. After this is performed the unit should function perfectly unless something internally like a diode or resistor has failed. Unless you're really good with radio shack and stuff like this you're gona need to hit up mitsubishi and control units are still available. Just take in your old unit with the p/n. Theyre around $100.