Array
    Status
    Lewistown, PA
    Vehicle

1984 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

Dodge V8

'48 Dodge Pickup

Another member requested some details on this particular vehicle, so here it is.

1948 Dodge, with 48,000 original Miles, Last drove in 1978. Original 218 Flathead-6 & 4-Speed Manual Transmission.

Undergoing a Frame-Off Restoration at the moment, with several modifications. 12-Volt Conversion, A/C Add-on (A Chrysler Under-Dash unit), NOS Clearence Lights, Era Correct "Safe-Flex" Dash Mounted Fan (aka Personal Fan), Under-Dash (Add-on) FM/Cassette Radio.

Here's some shots of the truck, and some of the parts.

It will be retaining the Original Flathead-6 (218cid) & 4-Speed. The truck has a few options, such as a Heater (yes a Heater was optional), 2-Speed Electric Wipers (standard was a Single Speed Vacuum Wiper Motor), 4-Speed Manual Transmission (standard was a 3-Speed), 5-Window Cab (Standard was 3 Window Cab), Dome Light.

That A/C Unit is actually from my '65 Formula S 'Cuda, but i have a few more (just don't have pictures of them) for other projects (like the '48)

Array
    Status
    WA
    Vehicle

1989 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G63-T
    Very nice truck. I seen 2 cars in the same era I believe on project zero g undergoing a 4g63 turbo motor transplant. One is aiming for a rat rod theme. I hope to see some progress in this truck one day if you aren't swamped with other projects.

Array
    Status
    Lewistown, PA
    Vehicle

1984 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

Dodge V8
    You wouldn't beleive the line-up of projects (and finished vehicles) i've got.

My Current Daily Driver is a 1974 Plymouth Duster with a Radical 340 Small Block (pushing 610hp in N/A Form, Currently awaiting a Supercharger & Nitrous Oxide, hoping to achieve 1,000 HP out of the 340)

My other Daily Driver / Work Truck / Plow Truck is a 1992 Dodge Dakota Extended Cab 4x4 with a tired 5.2L Magnum Engine.

Other stuff :

1965 Formula S Plymouth 'Cuda with the Original Hi-Po 273 Engine
    1971 Dodge Demon, 426 Hemi / 833 Pistol Grip 4-Speed Project Car
    1971 Plymouth Duster 5.7 Hemi / A518 Overdrive Project Car
    1972 Dodge Demon : Numbers Matching 340 / 833 Car
    1973 Dodge Dart Sport : Numbers Matching 340 / 727 Car
    1974 Plymouth Duster : Highly Modified 340 / 727 Car
    1974 Plymouth Scamp : Numbers Matching 225 / 904 Car (aka the car i paid $100 for)
    1975 Dodge W300 ClubCab Wrecker/Towtruck
    1976 Dodge Ramcharger (AW100), my grandfather bought it new in 1976, it's been in my family ever since.
    1983 Plymouth Scamp GT : Numbers Matching. 3,041 Original Miles
    1984 Dodge D50 4x4 : Turbo Diesel (my first truck / my dad's first new truck)
    1987 Dodge D50 4x4 : Diesel Project Truck (long story, but it's getting a Chevette Diesel, to be used as a Around-Town Beater Truck)
    1991 Jeep Grand Wagoneer... Bought it as a backup 4x4 a few years ago, i've never even drove it. It just sits around incase my Dakota breaks down.

Array
    Status
    WA
    Vehicle

Engine

4G63-T
    That's a lot of projects your taking on at once. How do you find the time to get things done? Oh, "numbers matching," care to explain this? Sorry, don't know what you mean by this.

Array
    Status
    Stafford, VA
    Vehicle

1995 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

Chevy V8
    Quote Originally Posted by 4doorciv View Post
    That's a lot of projects your taking on at once. How do you find the time to get things done? Oh, "numbers matching," care to explain this? Sorry, don't know what you mean by this.
    numbers matching means that it is all original equipment-motor, trans, frame, shell/body, etc.
    it makes its value higher and now adays its few and far in between when you find them like this on older vehicles especially

Array
    Status
    Lewistown, PA
    Vehicle

1984 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

Dodge V8
    Numbers Matching means all the crucial components on the car are Original, Chrysler Products in general stamp part of the VIN Number into the Engine Block (it's how you know an Engine is Original and not a Date Coded Replacement). Prior to 1967 though, there are no portions of the VIN Number on the Engine. For example, a '66 Barracuda with a 273 manufactured for the '66 production year (generally half a year before the car was built) is still considered "Original" even if it's not the Original Engine Block, since there are no numbers to link it to the VIN & Fender Tag.

The '72 Demon has 65,000 Original Miles, with the Original 340 & 833 4-Speed. A Factory A/C & Moonroof Car with Every Option under the sun. I paid $1,000 for it, it was an Arizona Car originally (virtually rust free). Needs a Windshield and the car needs repainted, and the engine & transmission need reinstalled

The '73 Dart Sport was my First Car, it had 50k on it, with the original 340 & 727 Automatic. It's a pile of parts at the moment (long term project)

The '74 Scamp had 40,000 Original Miles on it (the previous owner was a chevy guy, sold it to me for $100 just to get "the piece of crap out of his yard"), Original 225 Slant 6 (not exactly a desireable original engine) & 904 Automatic. But it's loaded to the teeth with options (A/C, Power Steering, Power Disc Brakes, Sway Bar, blah blah blah) and in excellent condition for sitting in the mountains for so long.

The '83 Scamp GT belonged to the local Chrysler Dealership, they simply used it to transport stuff around the lot and short runs through town. They owned it from '83 till '00. I'm the 2nd Owner. It has the original 2.2L & 3-Speed Automatic, and the desireable "GT" Package... 3,400 total Scamps were built for 1983 (and 1983 only).. 1,200 of them were GT Models, the other 2,200 were regular Scamps. Making them very rare these days, even the plain-jane models.

Sorry bout the indepth stories, i like to stay up to date on my Chrysler Knowledge, and the background of all my vehicles, and anything that might be interesting.

Array
    Status
    WA
    Vehicle

Engine

4G63-T
    There's nothing wrong with that. I see you are going to be a great addition to this site and help out others in need of advice. You should keep this thread open as to make it an isolated build thread for any progress you make on your vehicles. We have a few fans of classics that's why.

Array
    Status
    Lewistown, PA
    Vehicle

1984 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

Dodge V8
    There's nothing wrong with that. I see you are going to be a great addition to this site and help out others in need of advice. You should keep this thread open as to make it an isolated build thread for any progress you make on your vehicles. We have a few fans of classics that's why.
    That I can do, here's my baby too :

And here's my other Daily Driver / Work Truck :

And the '74 Scamp that i paid $100 for

Array
    Status
    Jacksonville, FL
    Vehicle

1990 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G54B-T
    Are you on Fabo ( forabodiesonly.com) ? NIce truck anyhow, thanx for sharing. Id love to have an older 40-50's truck like that. Id leave it all rusted and lookin like it just got pulled out the field.

Array
    Status
    Stafford, VA
    Vehicle

Engine

Chevy V8
    man you have a nice collection of cars...im really looking forward to watching this 48 come back to life.

and post threads for each one as you do things to them or just to show them off..i love me some old classics and hot rods..

Array
    Status
    WA
    Vehicle

Engine

4G63-T
    You got your work cut out for you man. You got lots of help with your projects from others? Friends and family kinda thing I mean. I wish I could get them to help me with my projects.

Array
    Status
    Lewistown, PA
    Vehicle

1984 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

Dodge V8
    Thanks guys

I do all my own work : Mechanical, Body, Welding & Fabrication, Paint, Interior/Upholstery. Usually Solo, sometimes i'll get my dad to give me a hand. Most of my friends are in College, so free time for them is far & few. The only work i have to farm out, is Machine Work on Engine Blocks/Cranks/Heads/ect, since i still don't have the neccesary equipment to do that kind of work myself (but i plan on getting that equipment some day)

Array
    Status
    Stafford, VA
    Vehicle

Engine

Chevy V8
    once you get the machining tools you will be set.