Hey guys, I'm new here, been browsing for a while but decided to join.

I have an 84 Mighty Max with a 4D55 (it was a turbo but somewhere along its ownership, the turbo has been removed). It was running nicely until about 2 months ago, a 'squeeking/knocking' noise was coming from my engine and it seemed to be running on 3 cylinders. Not good! Tried the usual, valve, oil, belts checks and I couldn't figure out what was wrong.

I then took my head off and rocking the truck back & forward in gear revealed that my #4 piston was only coming halfway up before dropping, well thats the 3 cylinder problem explained. Now for the knocking- I took the oil pan off and sure enough, the #4 rod bearing had disintegrated.

So...I bought new rod bearings, main bearings, got my crankshaft re-sized, new piston rings (remember they are half keystone rings!), threw a new clutch on, new gasket set, valve stem oil seals etc & timing belt. I spent a few hours in the evenings working on it and after about a month, I had the engine rebuilt. So on Saturday I started it up, the engine was a bit noisy at first until the oil got pumped around, after 2-3 mins it got smooth. I let it get up to temp and it ran for around 10 mins.

Heres where I'm confused: I shut the engine off and lowered it off the jack stands, went to crank it and not it won't crank. It fires up when I put some starter fluid in the air box so I know its a fuel issue. I thought maybe its airlocked but my fuel filter primer plunger is missing so I can't prime it. I took my injectors loose and I've cranked it a bunch and no fuel comes out, I even took my supply lines loose and filled them with fuel. I checked the power plug on my injection pump and I got 5.3v across 2 of the terminals so I *think* its getting the right power. I've checked in the book and I can see nothing about a fuel or transfer pump, do these engines have a fuel pump? Or do they work off a vacuum from the injection pump?

Any help/suggestions would be appreciated!

Thanks