Array
    Status
    Hanford, CA
    Vehicle

1989 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G63B

EGR system

i have a 1989 mighty max... has anyone ever changed the thermo valve, it might have another name but in the book its called thermo valve (Cali models) if so where can i find it? or at least know the real name.

Array
    Status
    Cali
    Vehicle

1988 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G63B
    posted in da wrong section.. but to answer ur question, I got both of mine from a local pick'n'pull. both are on da intake manifold...one is close to firewall (small w/ 2 vacuum lines connected to it) and da other is under manifold below thermostat housing (bigger w/ 4 vacuum lines attached).

see pic attached (red paint marks my old ones, da other ones are from pick'n'pull)
    Attached Images

Array
    Status
    Hanford, CA
    Vehicle

Engine

G63B
    Yeah in still new to this and I notice it was the wrong section 10 mins later... Anywho do I have to get them from a pick n' pull? Or can I just get brand new ones??

Array
    Status
    Statesboro, Georgia
    Vehicle

1989 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G63B
    IMG_0201.jpg well here's what mine looks like, lucky I live in an area where we don't have emission testing BS to worry with. I just capped and plugged all those lines to it and kept on going down the road. I love it where I live, we can drag an old jalopy back to the house on a chain nobody even bats an eye here !

Array
    Status
    Vacaville, CA
    Vehicle

Engine

4G63-T
    Thread moved. I could never find those at the local auto parts stores but maybe Mitsubishi still has them? I ended up getting mine from pick-n-pull also.

Array
    Status
    Hanford, CA
    Vehicle

Engine

G63B
    Quote Originally Posted by DroppedMitsu View Post
    Thread moved. I could never find those at the local auto parts stores but maybe Mitsubishi still has them? I ended up getting mine from pick-n-pull also.
    Would these thermal valve cause my truck to hesitate? Or would that be my ERG?

Array
    Status
    Statesboro, Georgia
    Vehicle

1989 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G63B
    Quote Originally Posted by flbadrian View Post
    Would these thermal valve cause my truck to hesitate? Or would that be my ERG?
    I'd like to know the answer to that one too !

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    Quote Originally Posted by Statesboro Blues View Post
    I'd like to know the answer to that one too !
    Could be a number of things but the thermal vacuum switch shouldn't be on the list. A bad accelerator enrichment pump on the carb, a bad vac advance on the distributor, clogged jets, engine tune, a bad coil, spark plugs out of spec (or any of the wear and tear components of the ignition system), gummed up EGR valve on the carb, accelerator cable not adjusted properly... plenty of places to start looking.
    support the forum that supports you - join and donate to MightyRam50.Net today! donations unlock the edit function