I have a g54b engine in top condition. Last june I put a napa el fuel pump on it. May have been thr ethinole but it worked perfect till Feburary then quite pumping. Still ran but wouldnt push fuel,. Took it back to napa they replaced it 8monthes old. I put the new one on it ram for 3 days and went south. It has great pressure but runs 20 seconds and quites. Napa dealer said there is something wrong with my tank but there is not. Any way I'm el pump shy now and won't to put the mech pump back on. I'm a lttle confused as to where the hoses go. The pump is marked in,out, and nothing on one which I consider the return. Given that the in means from tank and out means to carb and return goes where? there are 2 connections to the carb mikuni 1 pointed down 1 pointed towards the fuel pump with a small cover on it. I thought the 1 pointed down was from the out on the fuel pump and the 1 pointed sideways towards the fuel pump was from the unmarked "return the fuel pump. The pump works fine in My hand but when connected it diesn't have myuch pressure.
Can some one tell me how it connects? there is a line on the dr side of the carb that conects to the tank I'm assuming is the return line.
Thanks for the help
zz