Array
    Status
    Killeen, TX
    Vehicle

1991 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G64

91 MM strange idle issues

I recently replaced the tps on my 91 MM and it fixed the high idle issue I was having, but now it runs and idles like crap. Until I disconnect the maf. Then it runs much better. I'm confused as hell because before when I disconnected the maf it wouldn't run at all. Can anyone tell me whats going on?

Array
    Status
    New Bern, NC
    Vehicle

1986 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    Did you adjust the tps? It has to be the right readings at idle or itll cause high idle or all kinds of wierd issues. You have a maf so i can assume EFI 2.4? My truck had a high idle when i rebuilt the engine. Turns out the screw on the t-body was out of adjustment. It can be clearly seen standing on the driver side. It causes the lever the cable hooks to to stand out. If that makes any sense. I didnt know it even had it since the book says nothing about it. Also if u have a CEL that could freak it out. Alot of mitsus wont correct themselves when problems are repaired til the light is cleared.

Array
    Status
    Killeen, TX
    Vehicle

1991 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G64
    its been a while, but i fixed her up. tps was adjusted properly and i timed the engine perfectly, but for whatever reason, the throttle cable was out of adjustment. i adjusted that and that and now she runs great. thanks for your help