Status
    Smithville, MO
    Vehicle

1988 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B

New member in Missouri.

Hello to all.

I am new here of course, so i will keep the intro short and sweet. My name is J.R. and i have owned my 1988 PowerRam50 2.6L 4x4 since i was 16. I am now 29. She isnt the greatest truck to look at or drive as she needs a new head and top end rebuild. But she is my baby and the first vehicle i ever owned. I have been doing light mechanic work in various shops over the years but have neglected working on my own stuff. It has come to the time that i have decided my girl needs resurrected. Am not too familiar with mitzu mechanicals. Am pretty much here to learn the secrets of these trucks and engines. Have had very good luck with vehicle specific forums in the past and from what i have read in this forum so far, i can see that i will solve all my issues and upgrade my girl with ease. So to get the bases and throw out all my issues....

1988 Dodge PowerRam50 4x4 2.6L Carb. Manual 5sp

Needs new-
    head
    exhaust
    timing components
    carb
    back glass
    seats
    tailgate

Everything else is in good "fixable" shape.

As i am still learning how to navigate the sight...any posted links here concerning my issues would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys and look forward to hearing from everyone.

J.R.

Array
    Status
    American Fork, UT
    Vehicle

1987 Mitsubishi Montero
    Engine

Other
    Welcome to the forum. Sounds like a good project! My 87 4x4 has required a fair amount of work over the last 4 years but it's been worth it, and fun

Array
    Status
    Smithville, MO
    Vehicle

1988 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    thanks man. i knw the truck isnt worth anything...but it was my first vehicle at 16 and i kinda love it. just wanna drive her again.

Array
    Status
    Washington State
    Vehicle

1986 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G63B
    Welcome to the forum,
    Don't feel bad. I rolled my first car that I bought from my mom when I was 16. I think we all have an attachment to these trucks like yourself. I have owned mine for 27 years and I know there is another person here that has owned his for even longer. (He may even pull it into his living room at night so it doesn't get a chill, lol.

Array
    Status
    Smithville, MO
    Vehicle

1988 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    lol. i'm not that extreme about it! but do wish i at least had a garage to keep her in and work on her. as for right now all i can do is get all the parts i need gathered up so i can put everything on in 1 weekend and be done...done for the moment anyway

Array
    Status
    Sacramento, CA
    Vehicle

1979 Dodge D-50
    Engine

Chevy V6
    Quote Originally Posted by BradMph View Post
    Welcome to the forum,
    Don't feel bad. I rolled my first car that I bought from my mom when I was 16. I think we all have an attachment to these trucks like yourself. I have owned mine for 27 years and I know there is another person here that has owned his for even longer. (He may even pull it into his living room at night so it doesn't get a chill, lol.

Hay,,, It's only the hood dam it.... I'll get it out as soon as the rest of the POO comes in..

!cid__04-22-13_1930.jpg
    Members come and members go, But the board keeps track of them.
    Find me on FaceBook
    clicking HERE.

Or look on YouTube Click Here.
    http://mobilemillwright.com

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    Not in my living room, but Geronimo does have his own space in my garage, along with my Lincoln Blackwood Pickup.
    Pennyman1
    The best Dodge that Dodge never made
    Living the D-50 lifestyle since 1980