Array
    Status
    Munford, TN
    Vehicle

1984 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

I.D.K.?

Hello all.

I have recently bought my son a 1984 Dodge Ram 50, for his graduation present. He lives with his mother and has no idea about his. I have never heard of the Ram 50's until I ran across this one. I am now the 2nd owner of it. The truck has 65k original miles on it. 2.0, 4 speed manual. We just replaced the timing belt, balancer belt, v-bet, radiator, and thermostat. Truck rides good, however I can't get the idle set right. It is high, and there is hesitation. Going to take it to someone to look into the carb for me, as I don't know anything about these vehicles.

I just need to find some odd and end parts for it, and it will be ready to give to my son in June. Is there a good place to get parts for these? I have tried all the salvage yards near me, within 100 miles, and no one has anything.

Things I am needing: Rear view mirror, side mirrors, coolant overflow, cab dome light, glove box door, and outside window strips. Seems that the ones on the truck are about 0.5 inches short on both ends and water is draining into the truck.

I'll get some pictures uploaded soon of the find.

Array
    Status
    Sacramento, CA
    Vehicle

1979 Dodge D-50
    Engine

Chevy V6
    Welcome to the site.
    We have a first gen manual you can download in the manual section. That will help you out in understanding on what is where. As for parts, they can be hard to find. But we do have guys on here that have things laying around.
    Members come and members go, But the board keeps track of them.
    Find me on FaceBook
    clicking HERE.

Or look on YouTube Click Here.
    http://mobilemillwright.com

Array
    Status
    Washington State
    Vehicle

1986 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G63B
    You can use almost any rearview mirror. I would install one of those wink mirrors that has 5 mirrors and goes all the way across the top area of the windshield. This way he can see blind spots on both sides of the vehicle.
    mirror.jpg

The window strips can be found off an '87 or newer and should fit. My 86 has the same issue, but it drains out the little drain holes on the bottom end corner of the door. Yours maybe clogged with dirt perhaps. Be sure to take inside panel off door and reseal the door with some tape and plastic. Then place panel back on. I used wide super sticky aluminium tape to go around edge of the plastic protection sheet and then cut minimum holes for the window crank and door knob, etc.
    Side mirrors you can also use 86 RX7 mirrors I think, if not mistaken they bolt right up to holes and look better.
    86RX7.jpg

Array
    Status
    Munford, TN
    Vehicle

1984 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

I.D.K.?
    Let me say some stuff about me. I am a car Guy. Wife has a 97 Ranger. I have two 91 Camaros, and just bought the 84 Ram 50 for my son. This will be his first vehicle. I am the VP of the local car club for Camaro and Firebirds. I work 3 jobs, one is a salvage yard. We have an 87 Ram 50, that has some parts remaining. Not lots though.

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    For the weather strips, pm mikewarme on here - he has the inners and outer seals around the door windows - just got 2 sets of them for my 2 trucks. for the perimeter door gaskets and windshield and rear window gasket, steele rubber products have them and they are better than factory. The bottles in an 87 truck are different, but can be made to work if warme doesn't have them too - he's our OEM warehouse on here - better than the dealers, as he's bought out most of the obsolete parts.
    Pennyman1
    The best Dodge that Dodge never made
    Living the D-50 lifestyle since 1980

Array
    Status
    Munford, TN
    Vehicle

1984 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

I.D.K.?
    Here is the 1984 Dodge Ram 50 Custom that I bought. It has 65k original miles, and we are now the 2nd owner of this beauty. Just got to finish replacing a few more parts. This is the surprise for my son for his graduation present, which he has no idea about. Sorry the truck is a little dirty in the pics. Memphis weather, and the great pollen of the south and spring.DSCF1391.jpgDSCF1392.jpgDSCF1393.jpgDSCF1394.jpgDSCF1395.jpg
    Attached Images

Array
    Status
    Munford, TN
    Vehicle

1984 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

I.D.K.?
    Wow, not sure how to fix how the pictures showed up. I only posted 5, and it is showing 7 and all over the place, lol.