Array
    Status
    Vanessa, Ontario
    Vehicle

1989 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B

Frame Swap

I'm looking to swap out the frame on my '89 ext. cab 4x4. The years and the road salt are taking their toll. Does anyone know where there might be a frame available? Trying to find one here in Canada is futile. All the recyclers have crushed just about anything 20 years and older. I did find one a couple of years ago but it was in worse shape than mine. I've been looking on Craigslist for a Ram 50 or Mighty Max from somewhere where they don't salt the roads. Any help would be appreciated.

Array
    Status
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle

1989 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    you could swap the body onto a toyota 4x4 frame. there would be a lot of parts available and it would still look like a ram 50 without too much modification involved. it was suggested to me a year or so ago when i started my rubicon build.

Array
    Status
    Vanessa, Ontario
    Vehicle

1989 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    I pondered doing something like that with a Mazda as well. The older "Bxxxx" trucks look a lot like Ram 50's. The 2600 even had a 2.6 in it. I really would like to find a Ram 50 or Mighty Max frame that I can have sandblasted and epoxy painted. I'd like to keep the truck as original as possible. Driving south to pick one up would be a great way to take a holiday. Sight seeing with a purpose.

Array
    Status
    Alexandria, Ohio
    Vehicle

1988 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

Other
    Or go all out.... I'm thowing mine on a '78 shortbed ford frame, wheelbase is exatcly the same and I'm quite handy with a welder But yeah, good luck finding a good frame, mines shot, there's one in my local junkyard that's split in half behind the cab, just like what toyotas do. I'm a ford guy and that's why I went with a ford frame, plus I'm tired of the mitsu's lack of articulation, sucky brakes, lack of a turning circle (my neighbors longbed ext cab superduty turns in a smaller circle!) and the simple fact you can't find mitsu parts and the auto hubs suck and it would be nice to have a truck I can pull trailers with, not just a baby s10 homemade trailer. But that's my opinion, not trying to make anyone mad, I've only liked the way it looks, not much else lol.

Array
    Status
    So ILL
    Vehicle

1995 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

I.D.K.?
    Quote Originally Posted by NueDemShlak View Post
    Or go all out.... I'm thowing mine on a '78 shortbed ford frame, wheelbase is exatcly the same and I'm quite handy with a welder But yeah, good luck finding a good frame, mines shot, there's one in my local junkyard that's split in half behind the cab, just like what toyotas do. I'm a ford guy and that's why I went with a ford frame, plus I'm tired of the mitsu's lack of articulation, sucky brakes, lack of a turning circle (my neighbors longbed ext cab superduty turns in a smaller circle!) and the simple fact you can't find mitsu parts and the auto hubs suck and it would be nice to have a truck I can pull trailers with, not just a baby s10 homemade trailer. But that's my opinion, not trying to make anyone mad, I've only liked the way it looks, not much else lol.
    What issues have/are you running into im think about the same on my 91 mm 4x4 but with a bronco frame