Array
    Status
    Oakland tn
    Vehicle

1991 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G64

Trying to decide on 4g63t or volkswagon tdi

Trying to decide if I want to go with a 4g3t or a Volkswagon tdi engine the tdi engine would have plenty of power and good fuel mileage and I can find plenty of the tdi engines around where I live but I can't find many of the 4g63t or many eclipse parts around me
    the truck I have is a 1991 mighty max automatic no engine and no trans I have them but the motor is not rebuildable and the transmission needs rebuilt. The aftermarket is pretty strong for the tdi

Array
    Status
    College Station, TX
    Vehicle

1984 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

4D55-T
    I'm intrigued if you pull it off with the tdi engine. I've seen some in vanagons and tacomas but always wondered why no one tried to put one in a mighty max. I would have to also strongly agree that there is a large enough following worldwide when it comes to the tdi engine, that you will likely never have any problems finding engine parts.

Array
    Status
    Oakland tn
    Vehicle

1991 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G64
    I am thinking about using a ford ranger transmission im trying to not have to modify the transmission tunnel

Array
    Status
    bozeman mt
    Vehicle

1987 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G63
    do you know if the ranger tranny bolts right up to the TDI engine? I just scored an 87 MM with a questionable engine. It runs but, not very well. I thought it would be a good candidate for a diesel swap. I also thought about going with a VW VR6 which should have the bolt pattern of the TDI.