Array
    Status
    Seattle WA/Lincoln NE
    Vehicle

1985 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

I.D.K.?

Ram 50 charging issues

Hey all im new here but i have a 85 ram 50 with the 2.6 its been rebuilt and has a aftermarket carb on it without all the vacuum lines and such. Its been running great until the other day.
    My charging light came on and then went off again then when i went to use my blinker to change lanes it came on again and all my gauges except my speedo died. The blinkers dont work but the head, tail and brake lights do.
    i figured alternator, sure enough it tested bad so i got a new one from auto zone and installed it, still no change, so i had that tested and it tested fine, i had them order a new one anyways and had that tested twice before i left the store. Of course it tested out fine so i installed it still no change. So i took the battery in adn tested that and it was fine as well.
    So i broke out hte volt meter and checked the voltage. Im at 12.2 with the truck on or off and nothing running, i.e. headlights fan etc.
    No matter how much i up the idle the voltage still wont come up. I turn on the high beams and the fan and it drops to 11.9-11.8 and stays steady. Again cant make the voltage go up and when i turn them off it comes back up to 12.2 and stays there.
    Is this normal and im worried about nothing? Any ideas if these problems are related or just happened at the same time?
    Still no gauges or blinkers etc. ive checked the fuses and grounds everything is good.

Any ideas would be helpful, thanks in advance, Matt

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    there is a reg on the back of the cluster that goes bad and the cluster goes dead - its a box on the back of the cluster.
    Pennyman1
    The best Dodge that Dodge never made
    Living the D-50 lifestyle since 1980