Array
    Status
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle

1989 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B

going ditributorless

i am wanting to go distributorless and am wondering about where to get my parts. the EDIS system with MS2 ecu is the way i want to go. now, should i use e-bay, boost engineering, or the DIY website, to get my EDIS parts and MS2 ecu? just wondering.

Array
    Status
    Stafford, VA
    Vehicle

1995 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

Chevy V8
    I cant help you but I'm curious to see this unfold...got another Max on the way that I want to build. Thought of this...
    to the top people...

Array
    Status
    WA
    Vehicle

1989 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G63-T
    I have seen people kn other sites grabbing stuff from the junk yards and having problems till they figure out how to tune it. My reference is with project zero g with people going with the megasquirt instead of dsmlink/ecmlink.

Array
    Status
    Columbus, OH
    Vehicle

1992 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

Other
    I went distributor-less on my build. Mandated by the use of an AEM aftermarket ECU which wanted to see an Eclipse 2.0 Turbo motor.

The basics, The ECU wants a Dual Coil setup, and the ISC controller in the throttlebody is different. A trip to the Pick a Part landed me the dual coil and Ignitor necessary and the Throttlebody. While I was there i pulled the ECU and checked to see if it was a Eprom Model :-) (re-sell) it wasn't so I clipped all the connectors with as much pigtail as i could get, because I knew I was going to have to add wires, and Now I have a crap load of spare pins and the plastic connector bodies. I also grabbed the CAM angle sensor but that was un-necessary.

Swap over was easy, I mounted the coil pack to the front of the Manifold,

remember mine is in a different place than most, it may not work for you.
    I moved the plug wires to the correct location on the coil pack, & removed the cap. I used the cover of the donor CAS RTV'ed in place to seal the opening, the 2.4 motor has the CAS built into the base of the distributor. The wires for the first coil are in place, I had to add the second coil wires to the empty pins on the ECU connector ( remember the pigtails) and then I changed out the Throttlebody and adjusted that wiring. sucker fired right up.

I also had to enlarge the manifold throttle body "hole" by 10 MM to match the new Throttlebody.
    There was a lot of planning and looking over the wiring diagrams between the Eclipse and the Mighty Max finding the common wiring and the differences, Hint, they are extremely common, right down to the wire colors.

Array
    Status
    WA
    Vehicle

1989 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G63-T
    Dsmlink and ecmlink can chip non EPROM ecus with link now. It'll cost a bit more but can be done. I've looked into sending my 91 non EPROM to get link. Just don't have the cash.

Array
    Status
    Stafford, VA
    Vehicle

1995 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

Chevy V8
    Great info guys..resources, names, other sites...awesome...eventhough i dont use any of it someone will...

Array
    Status
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle

1989 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    you guys rock. love the info and the advice.