Thread: Completely eliminating EGR

Array
    Status
    Vanessa, Ontario
    Vehicle

1989 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    Have you checked car-part.com to see if any of the auto recyclers have a carb for your truck? You might get lucky. I think there's warranty on used parts as well. Around here I think they give you 30 days and you can return your part if it fails.

Array
    Status
    Washington State
    Vehicle

1986 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G63B
    I have a Mikuni carb that ran great on an '87 Mits. I'll never use it...$50+shipping. Picture in the for sale section of forum. Has all the OEM equipment still attached.

Array
    Status
    bellingham, wa
    Vehicle

1987 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G63B
    my mighty max had a slow oil leak and a scary high sometimes irregular idle, i replaced the oil pressure switch sensor thing near the oil drain plug and i leak much less oil (thinking oil pan gasket, possibly rear main seal) but the idle went back to where it was. since i have also replaced the plugs and wireset and my idle is so low and consistent now, its just above dying. also might want to try cleaning your carb with carb cleaner. cheap easy and doesnt take long. best of luck

Array
    Status
    Vanessa, Ontario
    Vehicle

1989 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    Brads deal sounds good. Probably won't be too much for shipping. Throw in ten bucks for a new base gasket and you could swap it out yourself in a couple of hours.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12