Just picked up my first ram 50 over the weekend. Truck looks great and has only 58,xxx miles but had been sitting for a bit. Started it up and it drives well albeit a few minor things. I haven't had time to actually tear into the truck yet but will update this thread the further I go. Biggest issue right now is a hanging and very high idle that is more prominent when the truck is warmed up. Here are a few pictures of a broken hose that I saw right off the bat. What is this and could it cause the problem? It goes from the air intake to the exhaust manifold. I can tell mpg's seem to be low right now too.

and a few other pictures of things I noticed right away just randomly looking under the hood:
Looks like a bad valve cover gasket?

Guess I'll be buying some plugs and wires:

Have no idea what this plug goes to, hanging off round hat object in picture, on carb side of engine:

I know the muffler/exhaust needs to be replaced as it has some holes. I would like to replace the old header with a non-EGR equipped header/air injection while I am doing the rest of the exhuast to eliminate some headaches and unsightly lines from under the hood. Although I have heard from searching if you do this you have to do away with the mikuni?

All for now, gotta stop procrastinating homework by fiddling with the new 50. Any help and input is much appreciated!