Array
    Status
    youngsville,nc
    Vehicle

1987 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

4G52

350 swap

my future plans for my 87 ram 50 2.0 is to drop in a mildly built 350. it came out of a 95 z71 my ? is who has done a 350 swap in one of these trucks can you share some info on any mods that you have had to do to the frame,cab ect. i also am wanting to keep it a 5 speed tranny what trans can i get that will bolt to it and will hold to maybe 400 hp and also will the stock rear end hold or will i need to swap in another if so what are my options i also dnt want to have 2 diff bolt patterns on my truck i have never taken on a project like this so all info is greatly appriciated i want to find out all info b4 i do this it will probly be atleast a year b4 i start this project need to get another daily driver first
    thanks guys for all the help in advance

Array
    Status
    Sacramento, CA
    Vehicle

1979 Dodge D-50
    Engine

Chevy V6
    You can't use the stock trany. No adapter plates. You will need to use some other trans. The rear end will hold up.
    Members come and members go, But the board keeps track of them.
    Find me on FaceBook
    clicking HERE.

Or look on YouTube Click Here.
    http://mobilemillwright.com

Array
    Status
    New Bern, NC
    Vehicle

1986 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    Just use a camaro trans and have someone weld up a diff using the GM trans yoke and D50 rear joint for the stock diff. You may end up having the shifter farther back towards the seats. May need buckets.

Array
    Status
    youngsville,nc
    Vehicle

1987 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

4G52
    What year camaro trans would I need and moving the shifter is no big deal already have buckets

Array
    Status
    Calgary, Alberta, Canada
    Vehicle

1981 Dodge D-50
    Engine

Ford V8
    Any Borg/Warner T5 or T56(6 speed) from 1981 to current will work behind a 350 and you can get a shifter re locater for them. Check http://americanpowertrain.com/ for a tranny and all the parts for a swap. Other then getting the drive shaft shortened and the GM yoke installed you will need a custom tranny X-member and engine mounts.