Array
    Status
    Lewistown, PA
    Vehicle

1984 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

Dodge V8

I'm back

I've been a member on the previous "50" sites, it just took me a while to come back (long story)

Some of you guys probably remember my 2.5 powered '84 "W50"

Well i'm back in search of parts, I gotta get a truck back on the road (since my dakota is eating me alive on parts and gas.) I walked away from the '84 about 5 months ago, my dad actually removed the starter from the Dozer, i was that pissed off, that i was just going to crush the truck.

I was so close to putting it on the road, i thought i had it running great. It was a Sunday night and my dad says "Take it for a spin on the back roads before you go registering it" (ah the beauty of Repair-Towing Registration)... The Turbo crapped out that same night. It hasn't moved from that spot in months.

Array
    Status
    WA
    Vehicle

1989 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G63-T
    Sorry to hear your turbo crapped out. Are you using a mhi turbo? You might find one on some dsm forums if you are. Glad you made it back.

Array
    Status
    Stafford, VA
    Vehicle

1995 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

Chevy V8
    dang man sorry to hear that..welcome back ...im sure you will be up and running in a new rig soon..keep us posted man

Array
    Status
    Lewistown, PA
    Vehicle

1984 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

Dodge V8
    I was actually going to use a Garret T03 (Water Cooled) on the truck, i even had a reman T03 on the shelf. Somehow in the years that it was on the shelf, the shaft got tweaked when it was moved around from location to location. I already had an Adapter made to bolt it to the stock manifold.

Well i posted an ad here today looking for a Turbo, only to find out a few minutes later that my dad had already bought me a new T03 and it would be here within the next week or two. (This '84 was his first "New" Truck, and it was later my first truck. So it has sentimental value for the both of us)

Only now i can't find my exhaust manifold. I had everything in a huge box (the box my winch came in). Everything is there (Intake, the old turbo, the old T03, the old Injector Pump... No Exhaust Manifold) I've searched the garage high and low for the last 4 hours and still haven't found it. I'm going to search for a while longer before i say screw it and chop up the old Headers from my '74 Duster to make a Header for the Diesel.

Array
    Status
    WA
    Vehicle

Engine

4G63-T
    Sounds like a good deal with the turbo. Hope you find your manifold. Gl.

Array
    Status
    Stafford, VA
    Vehicle

Engine

Chevy V8
    That is one cool DAD. I love when my dad does stuff like that. We have a truck that was my grandpa's then my dads and soon to be mine. 71 c-10 long bed.

Array
    Status
    Lewistown, PA
    Vehicle

1984 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

Dodge V8
    Still searching for my manifold, I've torn the garage apart looking for it. I even searched the bed of my '48 Dodge (in the paint booth) to see if i might have put it in there when i was cleaning up to get my '74 Duster in the garage.

Array
    Status
    Stafford, VA
    Vehicle

Engine

Chevy V8
    '48 dodge.....um please make a thread and post some pics. i got to see that. little backround, build thread, etc.

Array
    Status
    WA
    Vehicle

Engine

4G63-T
    Hope you find the manifold. I misplaced misc parts all the time. Sometimes they end up missing cause either they were taken or somehow recycled for resembling a radiator.

Array
    Status
    Farmington, UT
    Vehicle

1983 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4D56-T
    Welcome to the board. We are always looking for diesel members. It looks like you have your work cut out for you. I remember being in your position 6-7 years ago and I am still not done.