Thread: pictures of Fugly the 84 mighty max donor truck.

Array
    Status
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle

1983 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4D55

pictures of Fugly the 84 mighty max donor truck.

Here is pictures of my Donor truck, to be partially parted out for 83 mighty max 4x4 diesel. Runs with new engine and carb. Needs serious tuning. And now transis starting to whine.

]
    Attached Images

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    Is that extension metal or fiberglass - hard to tell from the photos. Dually bed is kinda cool.
    Pennyman1
    The best Dodge that Dodge never made
    Living the D-50 lifestyle since 1980

Array
    Status
    Washington State
    Vehicle

1986 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G63B
    Wow, I had never seen anything like this before now. That being a mitsubishi minitruck stretched, lol. I imagine, I would have to lower it the first day I got it.

Array
    Status
    New Bern, NC
    Vehicle

1986 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    It would probably be easier to drop your diesel in this and change out the front end to make it 4x4 than cut up the good body from the other truck. I like the other truck. I'm about to swap a diesel I've got into a 2wd 2.6 truck

Array
    Status
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle

Engine

4D55
    fiberglass extension and bed is stock. fiberglass fenders too.

Array
    Status
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle

Engine

4D55
    Im in calif. I would have to smog. so cannot use diesel engine in it. I will have decals made and truck will look the same except Xcab.

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    To bad that your truck is so far away - that cab extension is a great idea, although a shorter version like the 2nd gen spacecab would work better so the frame could stay in one piece and shorten the bed.
    Pennyman1
    The best Dodge that Dodge never made
    Living the D-50 lifestyle since 1980

Array
    Status
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle

Engine

4D55
    I will be building a jig from I-Beams to hold frame while lengthening it approximately 30". I will most likely have to remove cab, not just the bed. Also engine so there is not to much weight on either side when i extend frame. I can see exactly where frame was cut on fugly so i will do the same on 83 diesel. I plan to use I-Beams top and bottom with steel blocks positioned at flat areas on each frame rail on each side of cut, and then measure to milimeter. Slow and carefully I should be able to handle it. When fugly was converted they cut down at corners of back glass straight down and across at floor panel only a flat piece of metal was removed, you can see from first photo that ridge in top middle of cab is where the original dome light mounts. I felt along the ridge side to side and can feel the window frame where the weatherstrip mounts. I guess that is to maintain structural integrity of the cab. When I remove Xcab section i will wire feed weld the missing flat piece back in and sell complete running truck. Somebody can put bed tool box in front of bed on frame or fab something in 30" space over.

Array
    Status
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle

1986 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G64B
    HAH! My coworker told me he seen this on the street. I didn't believe him at the time lol. And in San Diego so it is the same one he saw.

Array
    Status
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle

Engine

4D55
    was parked in National city for months. I left note i wanted to buy it, but no response. Finally decided to investigate (stalk) when i had money to buy it. Took me 1 week non work hrs. To find owner. He told me he saw note but didnt call because others had asked to buy but never came with $.

Array
    Status
    New Bern, NC
    Vehicle

1986 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    What are the exact laws for the smog? Do they compare the VINs to make sure it's got the original engine in it? My diesel engine has a "NO CATALYST" badge under the hood so if you had the original labels or swapped the hood from the other truck..

Array
    Status
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle

Engine

4D55
    Yes they check the vin. The vin will show what engine came in truck.gas truck will have to be smogged every 2 years, or no registration given. Diesel truck i never get asked and could put anything in it, gas or diesel.