Array
    Status
    Ringgold Ga
    Vehicle

1987 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G54B

Need some of yalls wisdom, 1987 mighty max spx

so i new to this forum, just bought me a 1987 mighty max spx 4x4 2.6L. trying to find a rebuild kit for the carburetor. any help would be awesome! here is what is visible on the carb 32-35DID TF-429 19-. both parts stores i have been to tells me there is no kit available for this truck.

Array
    Status
    Sacramento, CA
    Vehicle

1979 Dodge D-50
    Engine

Chevy V6
    Try in here. http://www.rockauto.com/ we also have a discount code in the general discussion area. Then when you get a new code just add it to the thread.
    Members come and members go, But the board keeps track of them.
    Find me on FaceBook
    clicking HERE.

Or look on YouTube Click Here.
    http://mobilemillwright.com

Array
    Status
    Charlotte, NC
    Vehicle

1987 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    Look very closely at the top of the carb with the air cleaner off. There is a 3 digit number on the carb which the auto parts people need. I used to own another Power Ram 50 I used to plow driveways. I got a rebuilt carb from NAPA a number of years ago. The carb number for my 1988 Power Ram 50 2.6 w/ auto trans was 430. That is the type of number they need. I will warn you the number was very hard to see and if someone sprayed the carb body w/ carb cleaner it might be gone. At the time, NAPA would only send back the same carb number you gave as a core because good carbs are in short supply. I was advised by the NAPA dealer this was due to coolant that circulates thru the carb body and corrodes it. I wish I could give you better advice on where on the carb to look but I don't have the truck anymore, underside so rusted from road salt in Northeast, I donated to the church to plow the parking lot.

Array
    Status
    Ringgold Ga
    Vehicle

1987 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G54B
    finally found a kit from orielys auto parts, and the truck is back up and running after 16 years of sitting.. still got some work to do tho, i think the piston rings are shot (smokes a lot) but i got a heck of a deal on it.. so i will probably rebuild the motor. truck is to clean to part out. when i figure out how to post pics i will put some up.

Array
    Status
    Sacramento, CA
    Vehicle

1979 Dodge D-50
    Engine

Chevy V6
    It should seal back up. Just drive her around and keep the oil full. If not, well no gain no loss. You are plaining on a rebuild any how. But they normally come back with some time.
    As for posting pictures. Look in the Site News and Support Section. There are 2 posts in there on just what you need to do to make it easer.
    Members come and members go, But the board keeps track of them.
    Find me on FaceBook
    clicking HERE.

Or look on YouTube Click Here.
    http://mobilemillwright.com

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    add a quart of rislone into the oil at the next change in place of a quart - its a superdetergent to clean out carbon and sludge buildup slowly, unlike 5 min motor flush that removes all the crud at once.
    Pennyman1
    The best Dodge that Dodge never made
    Living the D-50 lifestyle since 1980