Array
    Status
    Eugene, Oregon
    Vehicle

1990 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G64

Manifold gaskets. HELP

I just changed the gasket on my exhaust manifold, no sweat. I went and bought a set for the intake side and only one of the gaskets fits. The plate on my firewall says I have the 4G64 and when I look up the gasket kits they all look like the one I have, now I'm stuck. This is the kit I have, the gasket that fits is the one that goes between the manifold and the block. (The more square shaped one) I'm not even sure where all these other gaskets go. I only needed two. Tho one between the block and the manifold and the one between the manifold and the injection system. What's my next move?! 20180310_214013.jpg

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    There are different gaskets depending on what EGR system is used on the engine (and possibly turbo). Like most of these kits they try to cover a couple of different engine configurations. The smaller gaskets are the ones that go in the middle of the intake runner sections (plenum upper to manifold lower). Whatever gaskets you're not using either junk them or put them aside just in cast someone you know could use them

Array
    Status
    Eugene, Oregon
    Vehicle

Engine

4G64
    The gasket I need connects the upper to the lower manifold and it didn't come with the set I purchased. They're pretty close but not useable. My neighbor happened to stop by today and he also happened to have a sheet of gasket material laying around, it's a bit thicker than the actual gaskets from the kit but I don't see why it won't work. I'm currently chasing an annoying tick, my ol man thinks it's the exhaust manifold gasket but I already changed that out and torqued everything down to specs and I still hear it. I did an oil change and seafoam treatment that was badly needed and that worked but only for a few days. Now I'm just throwing gaskets at it because of how the old exhaust manifold looked when I pulled it out. I'm gonna do the collector gasket next, if that doesn't work then I'm thinking maybe a lifter or a valve. Thanks again Geezer

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    Try my engine flush method. Lots of positive feedback - it will clear out fouled lash adjusters and keep your oil fresher for longer. Normally shuts up noisy hydraulics in a few minutes.

http://www.mightyram50.net/vbulletin...ll=1#post49688

As for the gasket, making one out of thicker paper will be fine. Make sure you get all the overhang out of the intake runners

Array
    Status
    Eugene, Oregon
    Vehicle

Engine

4G64
    Thanks, I've tried seafoam and it only worked for a while. I came across a variation of this flush and was wondering how safe it actually was but I haven't found anyone with any real issues with it. I'm trying to get the tick taken care of without going straight for the valve job. Although, after doing a little research I kind of wanna give it a go just for kicks.

Array
    Status
    Eugene, Oregon
    Vehicle

Engine

4G64
    So I used oven cleaner, break cleaner, hot water and a scrub brush to clean my intake upper and lower intake manifolds while I had em off. Should I have removed the fuel injectors before I did that or should they be fine?