From what I've read I'm in for a whooping, but for some reason I can't help toarchering myself with projects like this. This is my first truck, '86 Ram 50 2.0L and I just got it a couple weeks ago. It's got 47K on the odm no frame rust and very little body rust. The truck had been sitting for a few years so it didn't run until I put a new fuel pump in. After that it started, ran, but was idling high and if I tried to give it gas it would die. There is a sweet spot that I can work with to get the engine to rev. Also I figured out if I really stomp and pump the gas the engine can be coerced into really revving.

I've decided to rebuild the carb. I've ordered the kit and should have it tomorrow. If anyone has some advice before I start off I would definitely appreciate it. I took a ton of pictures of the carb in the engine so I might have a reference to help me put all the vacuum lines back in when I'm ready to put the carb back on.

My first question, I have unbolted the 4 long mounting bolts and the 1 small bolt but the carb seems to still be firmly in place, am I missing something? I ordered the haynes manual but I dont know when that will be here.