Array
    Status
    washington st.
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B

weber install help?

putting a weber 32/36 on my 83 2.6 in my 80 d50. Lol...anyways i have it bolted up and the linkage operates the opposite way the cable pulls. the fuel inlet on carb is facing towards front of truck. my question is i seen a pick of someones motor on here an he had his weber mounted backwards. fuel inlet was facing towards firewall. that would be the only way mine would work. if i flipped the carb the opposite way, it would still work wouldnt it?

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    Yes it would - if you follow the recommended weber mounting guide, the primary should be closest to the head, but it really doesnt matter as the intake plenum is a single plane design. If you are using the stock arm from the Mikuni, flip it over, unless you have an automatic with a kickdown cable.
    Pennyman1
    The best Dodge that Dodge never made
    Living the D-50 lifestyle since 1980

Array
    Status
    washington st.
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    i do have a kickdown, and thats the downside with mounting it this way is i wont be able to use it with the linkage being on the front of the carb. but like i said, my cable pulls an the linkage needs pushed, so flipping the carb around the other way is the only way it will work. but it will only be driven in town so i dont need the kickdown anyways. the weber mounting guide never said anything about it. that the linkage on weber went the opposite way as my old mikuni. now u say the stock arm from the mikuni? do u mean the throttle bracket? thanks for the quick response

Array
    Status
    washington st.
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    i think i may have figured it out. may sound weird, but i ordered the weber carb kit, wk614 part number from weber direct. i think they actually put the wrong carb in the kit. the put a DGEV carb in the kit, and its suppose to be a DFEV carb. the DGEV carb linkage rotates counter clockwise an the DFEV carb rotates clockwise, which is causing the problem i have now. what are the odds of getting the wrong carb in the right kit that i need?

Array
    Status
    Sacramento, CA
    Vehicle

1979 Dodge D-50
    Engine

Chevy V6
    Real good. I received a quick time bell housing that fit a Ford in a Chevy box. Then they never sent me a return tag so I still have it, and I'm currently ordering a Mallory 457001 distributer and they keep sending me a 4770001. They have sent me 2. One a week so far.
    Members come and members go, But the board keeps track of them.
    Find me on FaceBook
    clicking HERE.

Or look on YouTube Click Here.
    http://mobilemillwright.com

Array
    Status
    washington st.
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    called up weber direct. they are sending me the right carb in two days an are paying for the shipping of the wrong one that i have. great customer from this place. very impressed

Array
    Status
    washington st.
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    *customer service*

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    If you had a 5 spd you could have used the dfav or dgev, as the rotation would not have been a problem. Glad to see they took care of you - they have been around for many years and that is why.
    Pennyman1
    The best Dodge that Dodge never made
    Living the D-50 lifestyle since 1980