Array
    Status
    Round Rock, TX
    Vehicle

1989 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G54B

mb 72 wheels

They got here quick, now to just save up some more loot so I can actually get some tires on them. They are 17"x8.5" +25mm offset and 106.2mm centerbore
    image.jpg

I did a loose bolt up of one and the fit seems great so far.
    image (2).jpg

The only part that rubbed was on the front of the arm, which when the tire is on there and the whole assembly isn't hanging down it should be fine.
    image.jpg

I also weighed them and they came in at 24.4lbs
    image.jpg

I did so me weighing of the stock setup as well, I'm sure someone on here probably has a definitive weight already, but I got right around 20.4 with the rough accuracy of my scale. And 38.2 with an aired up tire on there.

They say they have a center bore of 106.2 it fits fine for me. There is some slop so I wonder if some place makes custom hub centers. It came with one but it was to adapt the 106 down to like 76 or something.

Either way, the plan is to plasti dip them in gunmetal grey, hopefully that is a close match to the bedliner. Bt all in all I'm pleased for $60 a wheel after shipping.
    Last edited by greenteagod; 03-09-2013 at 09:21 PM.

Array
    Status
    Sacramento, CA
    Vehicle

1979 Dodge D-50
    Engine

Chevy V6
    Yep,,, you need the free picture tool in the link section. Unless you are in Australia then that would explain it. LOL
    Members come and members go, But the board keeps track of them.
    Find me on FaceBook
    clicking HERE.

Or look on YouTube Click Here.
    http://mobilemillwright.com

Array
    Status
    Round Rock, TX
    Vehicle

1989 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    On a side note, are there other measurements of the center bore of the stock hubs. I tried to get a measurement off the stock wheel but the caliper bar ends up hitting the rim and so I have to put the caliper in there slightly crooked, I think I got 92mm but I'd prefer to be accurate to the 10th to get some custom rings made. I'd try to measure off the hub itself but it looks like there are only three tabs, at least on the front wheels. So with them being set every 120 degrees it would be at best a guess.

image.jpg
    Last edited by greenteagod; 03-09-2013 at 09:24 PM.

Array
    Status
    Round Rock, TX
    Vehicle

1989 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    Duh, as soon as I looked at the picture of the stock wheel I figured out the solution. Taking a measurement off the hub cap itself I'm getting 92.8mm. Might be one to add to the Wheels and Tires list. I don't see anything on there currently regarding a Ram 50 having a 92.8 centerbore

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    You should not need the hub spacer as the d-50s are usually a lug centric wheel, not a hub centric wheel. Never had a problem with wheels on Geronimo in 33 years that I have owned him with any of the wheels I have had on him.
    Pennyman1
    The best Dodge that Dodge never made
    Living the D-50 lifestyle since 1980

Array
    Status
    Round Rock, TX
    Vehicle

1989 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    Hmmm, I'll have to take another look at that. I know when I put this wheel on there it slopped around a lot, but when I put the stock wheel on it centered right up on those tabs. I don't mind paying for them if I need those spacers. But if I don't then sweet.

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    Just do the triangle pattern with the lug nuts for centering and you will be fine.
    Pennyman1
    The best Dodge that Dodge never made
    Living the D-50 lifestyle since 1980