I did a rebuild of the easy side on the steering gear. Didn't have a wrench big enough to get the nut off the other side to get all the little ball bearing widgetry out.

Anyway in putting it back together I was going to load it up with some grease via the grease nipple, but the fitting on my gun does not seem to want to get all the way on the nipple no matter how much I try. I thought that grease nipples were pretty universal, but this one seems to be special. Does anyone know if this is the case for Japanese ones? I'd just swap it out for a standard sized one as I did on the ball joints but this grease nipple is different from most as it has a longer shaft and then two holes at the end instead of just a standard thread with a hole at the end.

Would there be any detriment to just changing this out to a regular one, if anyone knows. As I can definitely just do that so I can use my regular grease gun on it.

Just didn't want to screw the gear up if this needed something special going on there.