Array
    Status
    Lexington, KY
    Vehicle

1983 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4D55-T

New guy from Kentucky

Hello all, my name is Travis and just recently stumbled across this forum. As I'm still a newb to the MM/d50, I've had grease and motor oil underneath my fingernails since I was in diapers. This sweet gem I was given by a wonderful gear head of a friend, has bitten me with diesel fever. This is my first diesel out of the various other cars I've owned. A year and a half ago I was informed Lucy would be moving back home to the Netherlands and would not be able to take Sweet Baby Truck (1983 Mighty Max Turbo Diesel) with her. I immediately inquired on the purchase and to my astonishment, I was given SBT. I was told that I would need to trailer the truck home and that it after some trying on her part would not start. Skip forward to pickup day, and SBT starts up with minimal effort. The truck had been sitting for some time but wanted a new breath of fresh air. After getting SBT home to Kentucky, I went through and did some proper maintenance, changing all the fluids, greasing all the fittings, and checked the valves. I forgot to mention that SBT has a veggie oil kit running as well. A year later and the harmonic balancer vibrated off only blocks from the house. At this point I assume the worse and somehow start to lose interest as I get my feet wet in the amateur sailboat racing community. So one gloomy weekend and I stumble across this forum, and my inspiration has bitten me once again. Thank you all.

Array
    Status
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle

1983 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4D55
    Same thing happened to me with 80 mercedes 300D. Eventually after trying to only replace the HB i had to pull engine and replace crank. Did timing chain and rod and main bearings too after polishing the crank. Hope you can getaway with HB only. look on ebay keyword 4D55 for parts.And here too.