Array
    Status
    New Bern, NC
    Vehicle

1986 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B

high idle 2.4L

So I finally got the engine back in my MM and all the pieces together and got my 94 running this week. It runs good, doesnt have any real problems but i've noticed 2 issues with it. First is a harsh vibration in gear that goes away when you give it gas. I suspect motor mounts since the engine mounts were full of oil and rear trans mount is super soft. Main issue I'm asking about is the high idle. Even after it warms up it still idles high almost like a vacuum leak. There are only 3 vacuum hoses on the intake and all the intake bolts, intake boot and such are tight. I'm going to check ignition timing next and see if that helps then go to TPS since I removed it to clean the t-body. If I push the throttle lever down (with alot of force) it'll drop the idle but I have to put alot of force to move it that last tiny bit. The idle drop could be the TPS sensor moving clearing it up? or closing the gap that the throttle chamber is supposed to have meaning intake leak. I'm wondering if anyone has any ideas or things they may have noticed after a rebuild that caused this.

Array
    Status
    New Bern, NC
    Vehicle

1986 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    ha I feel stupid. There's a screw on the t-body that had been turned up. I got it dropped down now