Array
    Status
    nj, nj
    Vehicle

1989 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B

efi

can i convert my 2.6 to fuel injected?i just rebuilt the engine and would like to do a little extras. id love to do the turbo but i just rebuilt this engine and i read that the blocks are a touch different.

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    The main differences between the 2 motors are the turbo block has oil squirters for the bottom of the pistons, and the engine runs a 2 injector 2 stage efi system. You can run a 2.6 carbed with a turbo either blow through or draw through, but not with the original carb. The starquest guys do a multiport efi conversion with a megasquirt box for control and use the throttle body for air control. The starquest 2.6 turbo motor is a truck block, including the forged crank and rods.
    Pennyman1
    The best Dodge that Dodge never made
    Living the D-50 lifestyle since 1980

Array
    Status
    nj, nj
    Vehicle

1989 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    how important are the oil squirters to run turbo? and if i got a starion could i swap everything over? and would it last?

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    It will keep the pistons cooler, but not really necessary unless you plan to run on boost at all times. They make coatings for the top of the pistons that would work as well. There are several members on here that have swapped in starquest drivetrains into both gens of trucks both 2wd and 4wd. Motorwise it is pretty much a boltin - everything else is custom, like any other swap.
    Pennyman1
    The best Dodge that Dodge never made
    Living the D-50 lifestyle since 1980

Array
    Status
    KY
    Vehicle

1990 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B-T
    you could also add the oil squirters to a na block, just have a machinest drill and tap the block for the oil squirters. personally I think you should be ok without them at stock boost levels 10psi or lower. I've done the starquest turbo swap, check out my project thread for some info.