Array
    Status
    Marion NC
    Vehicle

1996 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

Please Select Engine Type

New to the Site

Glad I found this site. I have a few questions. I owned an '89 Ram50 2.0 carb 2WD for 5 years, bought it for $50 and it was the best truck I've ever owned, not great on the freeway though. I have a 7 mile 6% grade I travel every day to work and it would maybe do 45mph. I now own a '96 Mighty Max 2.4 EFI 2WD that will do 90mph up the mountain if it had to, and had PS with A/C. I'm consolidating vehicles by selling my Mighty Max and Jeep Cherokee to buy a 4WD Mighty Max or Ram50. I am looking at two. The first is an '87 Ram50, carb I assume with a 2.6 5speed, has A/C and PS which I need when my daughter drives the truck. Has 222k and the guy says it doesn't smoke, leak, or tick (which I find hard to believe since I've been through the valves on both my trucks). Second is a '94 Mighty Max fuel injected with the 3.0 V6 5speed. Has 211K, does need valve seals. Has 4.22 gears in the front and rear he says, I'm by no means an expert on diff. gearing so be kind. I have been through both the 2.0 and 2.4 motors and feel very comfortable rebuilding one if I had to, the 3.0 I've never seen. I wont be putting anything larger than a 31 10.50 tire on the truck and no more than a 2" lift. Don't need it to haul anything more than trash, but I will have it offroad alot. The truck also needs to be my daily driver and get OK gas mileage. I have heard there are great aftermarket carbs for the Ram if I ever need to replace, I feel alot more comfortable with fuel inj. though. What is your take on the two motors, carb vs. EFI, HP and torque, any issues with either motor, mpg??? Thanks so much for any input...

Array
    Status
    Columbus, OH
    Vehicle

1992 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

Other
    I'm a EFI guy personally,222k is just broke in if it's been taken care of.

Array
    Status
    Marion NC
    Vehicle

1996 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

Please Select Engine Type
    I am definately more an EFI guy, but would rather have the 4cyl oveer the V6.

Array
    Status
    WA
    Vehicle

1990 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

6G72
    I would sure go with the '94. I have 90 and 91 MM 4x4 and the 3.0 is a great motor. I believe the clutch in the 3.0's are quite a bit beefier as well. The '94 has the improved head design so I would jump on it if the price is right. I get about 17 mpg around town and 20 on the highway with mine.

Array
    Status
    Vista CA
    Vehicle

1991 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

6G72
    Go with the 94, I love my v6 just make sure the water pump is good they tend to go bad if the vehicle has been sitting.