Array
    Status
    British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle

1986 Dodge D-50
    Engine

Please Select Your Engine Type
    Quote Originally Posted by DroppedMitsu View Post
    While plastidip is pretty durable, I dont think it would be that durable with constant grabbing/friction
    Good to know! Well I may as well give it a shot and see how it goes; I've only been able to put about 100 km on my truck a year, so if it doesn't work for me then together we have just figured out another do/don't of modding.... haha!

-RHP

Array
    Status
    British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle

1986 Dodge D-50
    Engine

Grey 3 point belts out, red 2 point belts in! Not only that, but these belts have the cool aircraft type buckles!

-RHP

Array
    Status
    Sacramento, CA
    Vehicle

1979 Dodge D-50
    Engine

Chevy V6
    IDK about Canada, But here in Cali-dictatorship you can't go from a 3 point to a lap belt unless the car came that way.
    Members come and members go, But the board keeps track of them.
    Find me on FaceBook
    clicking HERE.

Or look on YouTube Click Here.
    http://mobilemillwright.com

Array
    Status
    British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle

1986 Dodge D-50
    Engine

Quote Originally Posted by camoit View Post
    IDK about Canada, But here in Cali-dictatorship you can't go from a 3 point to a lap belt unless the car came that way.
    I'm not sure if that law exists here, but technically I need door handles, no tint, an ID light out back, and a licence plate on the front so... yeah I'm definitely bending the rules to build the truck to my tastes!

The laws in BC are funny though. For example, if you register a vehicle here and don't let it go un-registered over time, even if it's a rusted out hunk of a turd on "wheels" you can keep on driving it. DOT and RCMP never seem to stop anyone as long as they have a valid insurance sticker on their plates...

I say screw them. Scarlett is orders of magnitude better than many vehicles even a decade newer than her that I see driving here on a daily basis! Especially in terms of safe and high quality running gear, up-kept maintenance, efficiency, etc... saying nothing of paint and overall appearance!

-RHP
    Last edited by parrell456; 06-21-2013 at 11:23 AM.

Array
    Status
    British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle

1986 Dodge D-50
    Engine

Hey there, everyone!

Summer 2013 UPDATE! I was happy with my grey and black grille, but I felt that for a truck sporting the emblem of the Galactic Empire, it needed to be darker and overall more serious. I discovered Plasti-Dip recently like I said before, so my task was clear: get dark. As of last night, Scarlett's mirrors, bumper, and wheels all wear a nice coat of semi-gloss black Plasti-Dip, and I love her dark new look. I rolled her out in time to take a couple pictures, but it was dusk and she was filthy, so better pics will come eventually. (ADDED, but are they even better? We got rained on and were in a lame locale hahaha!) Even so, I was so happy with how it turned out, and how easy and how reversible this modification was, that I had to share. Thanks for looking and as always thanks for your comments, questions, and critiques. Long Live MM/D50!

-RHP

Last edited by parrell456; 07-17-2013 at 08:28 PM. Reason: Added pictures.

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    That does look so good...
    Pennyman1
    The best Dodge that Dodge never made
    Living the D-50 lifestyle since 1980

Array
    Status
    Vacaville, CA
    Vehicle

1989 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G63-T
    Looks great, I love plastidip it's pretty awesome.

Array
    Status
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle

1986 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

Chevy V6
    If that's dirty and at dusk I wouldn't have known, I did chuckle when you mentioned it's dirty. I remember the one picture, in the garage looking down the side towards the freezer (It's just stuck in my head). I like the black, but I hardly noticed because of that spec of dust on the front fender. lol
    Your truck is beautiful as always!

Array
    Status
    Washington State
    Vehicle

Engine

G63B
    someone stole your door handles, lol

Array
    Status
    British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle

1986 Dodge D-50
    Engine

Hi guys. It's been a summer of change for me, and I'm moving. I love my truck and don't need to sell it, but its not being used. At all. Today someone walked by and offered me $5,000 (Canadian market, mind you) for her... Just looking for opinions from guys who love these trucks as I do.

-RHP

Array
    Status
    Vacaville, CA
    Vehicle

1989 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G63-T
    If you sell it you'll most likely(almost 100%) regret it. I wouldn't unless you really, really, really, really, really, really need the money. You're truck is sooooooooo sexy

Array
    Status
    British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle

1986 Dodge D-50
    Engine

Dude, thank you so much. I know I can keep it in storage so its not going to be neglected, I just used it so little that the purchase offer kind of caught me off guard. I could never build another one for five grand, not up here!

-RHP

Array
    Status
    Calgary, Alberta, Canada
    Vehicle

1981 Dodge D-50
    Engine

Ford V8
    Life changes, in a few years you might find you have the time to enjoy the truck again in the summers. $5000cdn is chump change you can buy a good used beat up 5-7 year old civic for that. with all you have done the least you should ever take for your truck is around $10,000. But that's nether here no there as you can keep it in storage.

Array
    Status
    Washington State
    Vehicle

Engine

G63B
    You can store it here in the states. In fact I can give my address now if you like? I promise to take good care of it until you wana drive it again.

It is a beautiful truck for sure, the only thing I would do to it is maybe a small graphic or a bold dark 1 1/2in wide highlight painted stripe down the side to give some lines to look at. These trucks have pretty lines and enhancing them sometimes brings out more to show.

Very Purdy Red too! If you sell it...she will haunt you until the day she runs you over as you look both ways to cross the street. I can tell you don't want to sell it, just reading your posting. Same year as mine too.

Array
    Status
    Sacramento, CA
    Vehicle

1979 Dodge D-50
    Engine

Chevy V6
    Quote Originally Posted by parrell456 View Post
    Hi guys. It's been a summer of change for me, and I'm moving. I love my truck and don't need to sell it, but its not being used. At all. Today someone walked by and offered me $5,000 (Canadian market, mind you) for her... Just looking for opinions from guys who love these trucks as I do.

-RHP
    If you sell it for five grand, I'm going to come up there and beat your ass North to Baffin Bay, then with one swift kick of the steel toe boot you'll see Greenland pass under neath your sorry ass. I will make you the first human to reach low earth orbit with out a rocket.
    Find me on FaceBook
    clicking HERE.

Array
    Status
    British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle

1986 Dodge D-50
    Engine

Hey guys and gals, I just wanted to say thanks again for all your support and to let you know that Scarlett is sleeping soundly in storage, and that I'm still her rightful owner hahaha! Also, thanks for the pep talks you guys, that was great! Anyways, here's the last picture that was taken of us together in 2013, where she's being used to haul around wheels and tires for friends and family as people were making the switch to winter tires/rims. Scarlett the "work" truck! I'll get her out again in the summer, so until then, keep on truckin'!

-RHP

Array
    Status
    Sacramento, CA
    Vehicle

1979 Dodge D-50
    Engine

Chevy V6
    OMG He is selling his truck. Just saw it on his FB page.
    Find me on FaceBook
    clicking HERE.

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    Damn. Damn, damn, damn... that is a nice truck. Selling that would be like me cutting (more) off my arm.

Array
    Status
    British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle

1986 Dodge D-50
    Engine

Quote Originally Posted by camoit View Post
    OMG He is selling his truck. Just saw it on his FB page.
    Yes, kinda sad. I'm not pushing it out the door though, (and may have priced it to ensure I don't get any offers hahaha) so we'll see what happens! I'm far enough north that I didn't bring Scarlett or my motorcycle with me when I moved last; they're both still tucked away in storage. In any case, I could be moving again in 6-10 months, so like I said, we'll see what happens. If I'm back in a town with paved streets and more than 4 months of warm weather, I'll really want Scarlett to be there with me!

-RHP

PS the board is looking great, camoit! To this day one of the best looking and functioning forums out there!

Array
    Status
    Southern California
    Vehicle

1983 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G54B
    Updates for 2015?!?!?!?!?! She's so clean!!!

Array
    Status
    British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle

1986 Dodge D-50
    Engine

Quote Originally Posted by LukeGirard View Post
    Updates for 2015?!?!?!?!?! She's so clean!!!
    Sorry, nothing to report, but I still have the truck hidden away in storage and I go through it each summer and tune it up. This summer I also began rebuilding a motorcycle as well, and that's happening a little slower than I expected... The next time I take Scarlett out for a wash/wax and tune, I'll be sure to get some nice pictures and add info for whatever updates I (inevitably) do! Thanks for your post!

-RHP

Array
    Status
    Calgary, Alberta, Canada
    Vehicle

1981 Dodge D-50
    Engine

Ford V8
    What type of bike you rebuilding? I did an 84 Honda VF500 Interceptor last year and had a blast with it.

Array
    Status
    New Zealand
    Vehicle

1981 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

Other
    Last online 2015. Truck still in storage?

Array
    Status
    British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle

1986 Dodge D-50
    Engine

Hello again MightyRam50! I'm back to let you know Scarlett was sold in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada in the spring of 2017. While I'm no longer a D50 owner, this year I built a 4x4 Ram 1500 Classic with Scarlett as my inspiration. I even had an extra decal from when I made custom center caps for Scarlett that I put on the rear window so I can think of her often!

Has anyone seen Scarlett in the wild? If I ever see her again I'll send some pictures as well!

Cheers,

-RHP

Attached Images
    Last edited by parrell456; 12-08-2021 at 11:00 AM. Reason: image resize

Array
    Status
    British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle

1986 Dodge D-50
    Engine

Quote Originally Posted by Fordubishi View Post
    What type of bike you rebuilding? I did an 84 Honda VF500 Interceptor last year and had a blast with it.
    I rebuilt my '06 Suzuki GSXR-600 after a collision with a deer...
    I agree, building the bike was a blast.

-RHP
    Last edited by parrell456; 12-17-2021 at 11:15 PM.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456