Array
    Status
    British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle

1986 Dodge D-50
    Engine

Please Select Your Engine Type
    Quote Originally Posted by camoit View Post
    So who is that sitting in your truck, and whats up with the chem suits while playing Risk? You need to put photos like that in the military section. Thats some funny stuff.
    OH and the guys posing in the back ground with there feet on the cannons,,
    Yeah a friend of mine stopped by when I wasn't around, thought it would be funny to pretend she was driving off in the truck but keep it secret. I never saw that pic for quite a while; did a double-take when it showed up on Facebook! As for the CBRN suits, we were taking an "operational pause" during an exersise but had to remain suited-up, so we carried on! The guys posing are actually standing by a couple of UALS for loading 20mm into CF-18s.

Here's a picture I took with my phone from the weekend with Scarlett's new mirrors!

-RHP

Array
    Status
    Sacramento, CA
    Vehicle

1979 Dodge D-50
    Engine

Chevy V6
    So where did the decals go? The cell phone just does not do it any justice.
    Members come and members go, But the board keeps track of them.
    Find me on FaceBook
    clicking HERE.

Or look on YouTube Click Here.
    http://mobilemillwright.com

Array
    Status
    British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle

1986 Dodge D-50
    Engine

Well, I'm off to a slow start this season, but I'm not alone; it's been raining here since April so everyones been feeling it lately... Also, I spent a bit of money on my DD so for the past little while I've just been cleaning up some of the many loose ends on Scarlett. I removed all parts from the front end and will clean and repaint anything that doesn't look great before I put it back on (like the grille, which is scratched). Behind the grille and bumper looked pretty bad, so I prepped for about four hours and then did 15 minutes of spraying to clean everything up. Funny how little time is spent doing the fun painting part, and how much time is needed to do the tedious prepwork part... Next is get a new pair of bumper ends, get the grille looking perfect, and put it all back together again. In the meantime I might look for those LED headlights by Truck Lite that camoit posted a while back, and I've got to get my decals on before I take Scarlett in public!

-RHP

Last edited by parrell456; 06-22-2012 at 11:55 AM.

Array
    Status
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle

1986 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    Ahh, nicely blacked out. That will look much better when ya get her together!

I certainly understand being slow, I seem to spend 10x as much time trying to find the bits and pieces I want/need than I do actually DOING anything.

Array
    Status
    Jacksonville, FL
    Vehicle

1990 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G54B-T
    The paint behind your grill looks better than the outside of my truck......good job!

Array
    Status
    Sacramento, CA
    Vehicle

1979 Dodge D-50
    Engine

Chevy V6
    If he makes it any nicer, one of us will need to go up there, cover it in mud, just to force him to drive it out of the barn and on to the lawn to wash it. The nicer it is, the closer it is to an American Express Card it becomes. You can have one, but you can only use it once a year in certain places. Then you feel dirty afterwords.

So if your battery goes dead how do you get in your truck?
    Last edited by camoit; 06-20-2012 at 11:59 AM.
    Find me on FaceBook
    clicking HERE.

Array
    Status
    British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle

1986 Dodge D-50
    Engine

Hahaha nice analogy!

Quote Originally Posted by camoit View Post
    So if your battery goes dead how do you get in your truck?
    Well I have a hidden lead coming off the positive post on my battery that also runs back to the solenoid on the drivers side door popper. If the remote or the battery dies, I ground the negative side of a jumper cable and clip the positive to my secret spot, and "pop", she opens up!

-RHP
    Last edited by parrell456; 06-22-2012 at 04:28 PM.

Array
    Status
    NW mississippi yall
    Vehicle

1988 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

Dodge V8
    ....to my secret spot, and "POP", she opens right up
    Sorry. it's the meds again..

E

Array
    Status
    British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle

1986 Dodge D-50
    Engine

So, where have I been and whats become of Scarlett? Well, after a string of problems the grille is done (good enough for now at least), the front-end is back together again, and I took a few minutes to get some up to date photos. Next step is find the tail lights I bought and get my badge of honour up on the window so everyone will know I roll with mightyram50!

-RHP

Array
    Status
    Calgary, Alberta, Canada
    Vehicle

1981 Dodge D-50
    Engine

Ford V8
    Any Shows in early Sept around you and can I crash at your place

Array
    Status
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle

1986 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    So I take it that source I found for the grille actually worked?! Good to know, I had no clue at all if it was usable at all and/or if they'd actually have the damn things.

Looks damn good! I still kinda lean toward a stealthed grille, but that's just me I guess.

Array
    Status
    Sacramento, CA
    Vehicle

1979 Dodge D-50
    Engine

Chevy V6
    Damm it,,, Don't get me wrong I love the truck but there is just somthing wrong in this set of pictures. I can't put my finger on it.. But I think, the only thing it could be,,, is the tire and rim combo on the lawn. The tires look to thin VS the rim on the grass, camera angle. IDK,,,, there is just somthing out of place. Does anybody else see it???? The head liner photo in front of the barn it's not there. IDK. But there is somthing missing. Try putting a dog in front of it. Or a Cougar on the hood. I would say about 29 - 36 is the corect age.
    Find me on FaceBook
    clicking HERE.

Array
    Status
    British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle

1986 Dodge D-50
    Engine

Camoit: I'm not sure what optical trickery your eyes are playing on you, but maybe you're just not used to seeing my truck with mirrors; add to that the new look of the grille and your mind might be saying "too much too soon!" hahaha! And I usually avoid taking pictures on the grass because the bottom of those 35 series tires just get swallowed, even in nice short grass as seen above! But I haven't been able to get the truck fully licenced yet so for a quick update, this was all I could manage! And good idea; I'd LOVE to have a photo shoot with my truck and a model, even though I think it's a little too mild of a custom, but it sure would be awesome!

Fordubishi: I know of one in the third week of September in Summerland, BC called the "Endless Summer" show or something like that. I haven't showed the truck once this year, and may not at all because besides me not having it on the road full time, I'm kind of in a "transitional phase" of employment right now, so unfortunately I wouldn't be able to host you if you came out for that show... Sorry!

Acuta73: Well I saved the link you sent me, but managed to salvage the grille I had so I haven't tried ordering from that site yet. I was this close to buying a new grille or scrounging for a nice used one, then decided to take the time and strip, sand and refinish the grille I already had. I originally just wanted a sillver one like before so it would match the wheels, so I could have left mine alone but it had a scratch in the front that was driving me nuts! After a couple failed attempts to get the colour right I had the ingenius idea to go black to add more depth to the front end, but do matching silver on the horizontal parts of the grille to have some nice contrast and tie the wheel colour to the grille like I originally intended. I may eventually get another grille and go all black as well, because I think that's a nice took also, and it only takes a couple minutes to change grilles, unlike days of repainting like I've already done!

-RHP
    Last edited by parrell456; 12-08-2012 at 09:54 AM.

Array
    Status
    Sacramento, CA
    Vehicle

1979 Dodge D-50
    Engine

Chevy V6
    Yep ,,, it's got to be the mirrors. It needs to be parked on a putting green with a little hottie putting it in the hole. You couldn't sell pictures of it fast enough then.
    Find me on FaceBook
    clicking HERE.

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    To give my grille a unique look I used to spray one color from the back, then another color from the front, like black from the back and gold from the front. Makes the front color look like its floating in mid air
    Pennyman1
    The best Dodge that Dodge never made
    Living the D-50 lifestyle since 1980

Array
    Status
    British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle

1986 Dodge D-50
    Engine

Quote Originally Posted by pennyman1 View Post
    To give my grille a unique look I used to spray one color from the back, then another color from the front, like black from the back and gold from the front. Makes the front color look like its floating in mid air
    That is, a really cool idea!

-RHP

Array
    Status
    British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle

1986 Dodge D-50
    Engine

ONE NEW PIC! Ok so the truck is out of storage again and I swear I'm going to make progress on it this year... I just ordered some new RED lap belts with aircraft-style buckles, and started working on my new shiftknob. Small steps, but that's all I got for now!

-RHP

Array
    Status
    Washington State
    Vehicle

1986 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G63B
    Thats a pretty girl you got there, reminds me of my Mitsy. My shift knob is a hand made teac wood custom grip and I love it. Has a hand and thumb placement with easier shifting now.
    http://www.mightyram50.net/vbulletin...hp?albumid=155

Presently doing long over due work with truck. From fuel pump to rebuilding short block. Just ordered 100amp alternator to run the accessories. I have owned her since 1987 and its an 86 and probably be buried in it, or maybe my MR2. Naaaa...both

That beautiful truck must be a pidgeons dream to drop on, I bet he would go back to the nest and tell the greatest story he ever told.

Array
    Status
    British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle

1986 Dodge D-50
    Engine

This evening I banged out the first couple coats of PR4 onto my horn button, and did a test on my old imitation 8-Ball shift knob to try my hand at painting a sphere... I love the idea of using a genuine billiard/pool/snooker ball as my shift knob, but I'm concerned that painting one red will look bad (like my test one did tonight!) and tapping an actual red one might not be the right hue... Minor details. It'll come together!

-RHP

My Grant horn button, looking better already...

...And my test at painting a "pool" ball; looking crappy but I'll try again tomorrow!

Array
    Status
    Washington State
    Vehicle

1986 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G63B
    Don't Spray the ball, Dip it in the paint and let it drip dry. It will come out much better then spraying it.

Array
    Status
    British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle

1986 Dodge D-50
    Engine

Here are some poor cell phone pictures of Scarlett from the last couple days. In one you see the LED tail lights in all their grainy-photo glory (note the markers aren't on, more on that in a second), and in the other pic you see Scarlett with an unkempt interior, yet sporting a nice Flame Red horn button and my experimental shift knob, also red. In this picture, she's about a meter in the air while a professional sorts out her haphazard wiring... It was a mess under there, but he got things squared away and we discussed my options to get everything finished and working as designed. This is good news; more to follow!

-RHP

Array
    Status
    British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle

1986 Dodge D-50
    Engine

Quote Originally Posted by BradMph View Post
    Don't Spray the ball, Dip it in the paint and let it drip dry. It will come out much better then spraying it.
    I agree, spraying was a test since I hadn't done it before, and I wasn't a fan. If I can't get a nice red snooker/pool ball I will indeed be dunking one of the other pool ball "knobs" I got in case spraying was a no-go. The final product will look much better I hope!

-RHP

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    Be sure to coat the ball with some very hard clear, and use adhesion promotor on the ball before dipping to ensure the paint doesn't chip off.
    Pennyman1
    The best Dodge that Dodge never made
    Living the D-50 lifestyle since 1980

Array
    Status
    British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle

1986 Dodge D-50
    Engine

Quote Originally Posted by pennyman1 View Post
    Be sure to coat the ball with some very hard clear, and use adhesion promotor on the ball before dipping to ensure the paint doesn't chip off.
    Clear... hmm, I hadn't thought of that! Ok. Well how about this: I discovered "Plasti Dip" last night while browsing this and that online. It looks like an incredibly versatile and awesome product that I can NOT wait to try! So, a Plasti Dip shift knob maybe? It would be easy to do and provide some grip, wouldn't it? Like I said, I "discovered" it online last night so I have never used it before. If it's as good as I'm lead to believe then Scarlett will be looking fresh with tweaked colours for years to come!

-RHP

Array
    Status
    Vacaville, CA
    Vehicle

1989 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G63-T
    While plastidip is pretty durable, I dont think it would be that durable with constant grabbing/friction

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast