Array
    Status
    Oakland, CA
    Vehicle

1989 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G63B
    Quote Originally Posted by netskink View Post
    You will need the vacuum lines for the other things in the engine compartment though, right? I believe some connect to the carb and the other lines connect to other devices.
    Vac advance off the dizzy to the carb. Only other lines that should remain are two for the PCV system (breather and valve lines off the valve cover) and one to the brake booster. Block off or plug everything else. Correct me if I'm wrong.

You can throw away EVAP charcoal canister and the hardlines running back to the fuel tank and to the air cleaner.

So long as in you're in a smog test free area, you're OK to get rid of all this stuff.

Again, this carb eliminates a LOT. By installing a Weber, you're axing almost all of the smog control system. Deletes a good bit of engine harness wiring, too. You'll be amazed how de-cluttered the bay becomes.

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    I left my canister in and plumbed the line to the fitting on the bottom of the air filter, with a vac line to make it work. Geronimo has the old style canister that had an external valve to open and close the vapor line to the carb
    Pennyman1
    The best Dodge that Dodge never made
    Living the D-50 lifestyle since 1980

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12