Array
    Status
    Tulsa, OK
    Vehicle

1994 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G64

HELP!!!

Since 'bagging my truck I have broken 4 shocks. I thought maybe it was these busted up Tulsa roads, but the last one broke as I lifted the frontend. It seems when I aired up the 'bag, it jerked the shock right off the mount. I'm running Monroe Gas-Charged Heavy Duty Shocks. Is there something better?

Array
    Status
    Calgary, Alberta, Canada
    Vehicle

1981 Dodge D-50
    Engine

Ford V8
    Sergio I was looking at your front shock set up on your build page.Let me guess the lower shock mount is breaking off. If that's whats going on then I think the problem is not the shock but the placement of the mount.from the pic it almost looks like the shock mount will twist the shock causing metal failure at the mount,to solve it the lower mount should be turned 90 degrees so the rubber rotates around the bolt as the LCA arc's. I set mine up so the shock is almost straight up and down. You might have to take the truck back to the guy that did the work and have him change it up a little.

Array
    Status
    Vacaville, CA
    Vehicle

1989 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G63-T
    I would take it back to the shop and have them look at it/fix it. But those arent the best shocks id get some belltechs or something made for a lowered vehicle imo.

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    I agree - you need to first measure the fully lowered distance between the shock mounts, then raise it to full lift position and measure again. These measurements will give you the dimensions you need to have the correct length shocks to prevent hyperextension or bottoming out of the shocks and the damage to the mounts. Your builder should have done this when he built the suspension for you, but some do not understand the importance of shocks and proper design of mounting them with an adjustable suspension. Good luck with getting it straightened out.
    Pennyman1
    The best Dodge that Dodge never made
    Living the D-50 lifestyle since 1980

Array
    Status
    Sacramento, CA
    Vehicle

1979 Dodge D-50
    Engine

Chevy V6
    You can always have a set made for your truck. Fox will make them.
    Members come and members go, But the board keeps track of them.
    Find me on FaceBook
    clicking HERE.

Or look on YouTube Click Here.
    http://mobilemillwright.com

Array
    Status
    Tulsa, OK
    Vehicle

1994 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G64
    Thanks guys, I knew I could count on you. After next weeks show, I will be taking it back to the builder to have him correct the issue. I will keep you all posted.