Status
    New Orleans, LA
    Vehicle

1986 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G63B

need expert advice on g63b in 1986 mighty max

hi gang,

I just purchased an 1986 mighty max with a 2.0 l engine. The guy told me he ran it out of oil, but it was kind of a weird situation. He said "it might could be fixed". The father said "i got it to start ... he just doesn't want to bother with it". I bought it for the body, which is nice and rust free. Now i'm thinking about trying to get this engine running.

compression is:
    #1 129
    #2 130
    #3 130
    #4 140

that didn't seem that bad.

wires, distributor cap and rotor looked like originals. Wires were scorched all over the place.

It has an EMPI 32/36 carb on it. The carb is dripping fuel into the primary at idle. Needless to say it's running rough.

The vacuum is varying wildly between 10 and 15 and it drops if i rev it. I've capped and replaced all of the vacuum lines i could see to try to stabilize it to diagnose the status of the engine.

I don't want to buy a carburetor and then have the engine need a rebuild.

If the carb is dumping fuel like this is there a way to adjust it? Is it the float?

what causes this other than it being a POS Chinese copy of a weber?

any advice would be appreciated i'm kind of at a loss right now ..

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    That carb is a POS china copy - doubt you can get it to work right. The compression looks ok for that motor but I wouldn't run it long with that carb.
    Pennyman1
    The best Dodge that Dodge never made
    Living the D-50 lifestyle since 1980

Array
    Status
    New Orleans, LA
    Vehicle

1986 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G63B
    hi pennyman,

this engine was an adventure. It turns out the balance shaft tensioner came apart on the previous owner and the balancer belt got caught up in the timing belt and it jumped some teeth. The ball-bearings from the bearing chewed up the balancer belt sprocket.
    Found a good sprocket at the pullapart and repaired that mess this weekend. second compression test shows 155, 150, 153, 155.

Anyway, i found a Spanish made weber it should be arriving Tuesday. Have the truck running nicely in spite of this spitting jalopy of a carb.