Array
    Status
    Vista CA
    Vehicle

1991 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

6G72

second gen sport cluster help

So I went to the wrecking yard today and found two decent shape 4x4's which made me happy and sad, but i got the sport cluster ive been waiting so long for which I good. After I got it all installed I found that the tach does not work does anyone know what could be wrong? Is it most likely in the cluster or the wiring harness? I assume its pre wired since everything else works just fine, and I don't know what the wiring on the distributor looks like for the tach. Any ideas?

Array
    Status
    Calgary, Alberta, Canada
    Vehicle

1981 Dodge D-50
    Engine

Ford V8
    Wiring, The Tach wire was not installed in the none tach cluster. easy enough to fix just run a single wire from the - side of the coil to the pin on the gauge.You might have to go back to the wreckers and cut the plug out then pull the small pin for the tach to insert into your plug.

Array
    Status
    WA
    Vehicle

1990 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

6G72
    What years are the 4x4's? I have been looking for the intermittent wiper switch that was on the spx model. Any chance of checking to see if one is there? I know what you mean about how sad it is to see these trucks getting picked over.

Array
    Status
    Vista CA
    Vehicle

1991 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

6G72
    I'm not sure what years but I guess I'm going back tomorrow for the wire and they are having a half off sale so I can let you know. One of em had a weird intake setup that I've never seen on a max before and it also had the nicer mirrors if that helps at all.