When I got my '91 MM 4x4 a few years back, the previous owner had hacked into the wiring for a few accessories. The fuse panel was melted where the blower motor fuse was held. I cleaned up the other wiring issues and checked over the blower motor wiring but couldn't see anything wrong. I by-passed the the panel by putting an in-line 30 amp fuse for the blower and it has worked perfectly for about a year and a half. About a month ago, I could smell burning plastic and it was the in-line fuse holder melting slightly. I shut off the blower till I got home, checked the wiring again, nothing. Turned the blower on, works fine. Yesterday, smelled burning plastic and saw smoke before I could turn it off. Fuse holder melted shut with apparent blown fuse. Removed fuse, touched the two wires momentarily and the fan kicks on. What would cause such a random problem? Any help is greatly appreciated!