Array
    Status
    Stanwood, Wa.
    Vehicle

1987 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G54B

Toyota 16" Wheels on a 2nd Gen. 4X4

Unlike most of they guys who post up here, I'm not looking to do any serious lifting or dropping. Just trying to make my old warhorse into a decent looking daily driver, without spending a lot of $$$. I came across these wheels that look like Toyota rims, 16". I've always thought my truck would look a lot better wearing 16s. Does anyone have a pic of a 2nd Gen. MM/D50 4X4 with these or similar rims?

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    Ther have been some on here with 16" montero rims among others...
    Pennyman1
    The best Dodge that Dodge never made
    Living the D-50 lifestyle since 1980

Array
    Status
    Stanwood, Wa.
    Vehicle

Engine

G54B

Array
    Status
    Chesapeake, VA
    Vehicle

1990 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G64
    I believe those are nissan xterra wheels actually (I could always be mistaken)

Array
    Status
    Stanwood, Wa.
    Vehicle

Engine

G54B
    I think you may be right. I did a search on Google images for Nissan and Toyota wheels. I didn't find anything that looked exactly the same, but found several Nissan wheels that looked very similar. Nothing close in Toyota rims. At any rate, I think they would add a nice touch to the MM, regardless of heritage.

Array
    Status
    North West Florida
    Vehicle

1994 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G64
    If they are later model nissan rims they are a differnet 6 lug pattern. Ive found some really nice older (mid-early 90's) nissan and isuzu wheels that bolt up to the old boat. Alot of 16" ones too! Check out originalwheels.com they show pics and wheel size and bolt pattern of just about every model out there.

Array
    Status
    Stanwood, Wa.
    Vehicle

Engine

G54B
    Thanks Sleeps -- That site is crazy. Now you've given me yet another way to waste more of my valuable time. Hell, I could search that for hours. It seems to confirm that the wheels are Nissan Xterras. I'll make sure I check the lug spacing. Thanks.

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    Also be mindful of the center hole of the wheel - it needs to be about 108 mm or 4" in dia to clear the tabs and rear axle stubs. That dimension is why late model GM wheels need to be bored - they are only 88 mm in the center.
    Pennyman1
    The best Dodge that Dodge never made
    Living the D-50 lifestyle since 1980

Array
    Status
    North West Florida
    Vehicle

1994 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G64
    @ Lem Forder: I know! Not so much now, but when I was looking for wheels I DID spend pointless hours on there. Good times. I even went out and searched local junk yards for a certin set of wheels, on a 98-2002 isuzu trooper there are 16x7 mesh looking wheels in gold or silver that I wanted terribly bad... Found some in junk yards in other states for about $150 a set. Never did go get them though.

http://www.originalwheels.com/isuzu-...er1998rims.php

Array
    Status
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle

1986 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    If, in your search, you find some wire spoke wheels that will fit a 1st gen...PM me?

Color matters not, and having to be bored would be fine. I don't own a 2Wd yet, but I will...

Array
    Status
    Stanwood, Wa.
    Vehicle

Engine

G54B
    Thanks for all the replies guys.

"pennyman1 Also be mindful of the center hole of the wheel - it needs to be about 108 mm or 4" in dia to clear the tabs and rear axle stubs. That dimension is why late model GM wheels need to be bored - they are only 88 mm in the center."

Thanks Pennyman, I'll keep that in mind too.

"sleeps:
    @ Lem Forder: I know! Not so much now, but when I was looking for wheels I DID spend pointless hours on there. Good times. I even went out and searched local junk yards for a certin set of wheels, on a 98-2002 isuzu trooper there are 16x7 mesh looking wheels in gold or silver that I wanted terribly bad... Found some in junk yards in other states for about $150 a set. Never did go get them though. http://www.originalwheels.com/isuzu-...er1998rims.php "

Yeah Sleeps, If my time had any value at all in the evenings, these wheels and parts would be really BAD deals. Since I'd just find another way to waste my time anyhow, I guess it doesn't really matter. I do question my own sanity though when I start looking at Craigslist ads for wheels from across the country, knowing full well I'll never go get them.

"Acuta73: If, in your search, you find some wire spoke wheels that will fit a 1st gen...PM me? Color matters not, and having to be bored would be fine. I don't own a 2Wd yet, but I will..."

Hey Acuta -- You're making me feel almost sane. At least I own the truck I'm shopping for. LOL. What are the wheel specs on the 1st gen 2wd? I've been looking for 2nd gen 4wd. Let me know what you're wanting and if stumble across them I'll sure let you know.

Array
    Status
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle

1986 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    Yep, I'm nuts. I want a 2wd to put my current engine in, a 4BT for my Power Ram, and a Starquest to build into a 12 second car just for giggles.

God help me when I get some space...all I can say.

14 years in my job, time to make it work for ME!

Gonna build a CNC 4-axis router, and a 3D printer, too.