Array
    Status
    Chesapeake, VA
    Vehicle

1990 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G64

Question Mass Air Flow Sensor Question

The mass air flow sensor on my truck is bad and due to the fact that the cheapest one that I could find is about $250 I am going junkyard searching for them. I went to always used auto parts website to look to see if they had one and I put in the year make and model of my truck and one for a 94 Talon 1.8L came up. I was wondering is that compatible with my truck or not. If not does anyone know where I could pick one up for cheap? Thanks in advance!

Array
    Status
    Chesapeake, VA
    Vehicle

Engine

4G64
    I just googled engine bay pictures and I found this although this is a 4g63 but the air box and all looks to be the same
    4G63T.jpg

Array
    Status
    Chesapeake, VA
    Vehicle

Engine

4G64
    Found a picture of a 1.8. It looks like it will be the same. I venture its worth the trip to the junkyard. When I get it and if it indeed does work I'll let yall know then I shall update the parts interchange info on our wiki
    23021550_7X.JPG

Array
    Status
    Las Vegas, NV
    Vehicle

1994 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G64B
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxinOut View Post
    I just googled engine bay pictures and I found this although this is a 4g63 but the air box and all looks to be the same
    4G63T.jpg
    This looks like my Laser bay before "the change". lol

Array
    Status
    Las Vegas, NV
    Vehicle

Engine

G64B
    Hey Maxin, for real on your MAF, once you find the MD# (maybe Hall Mitsubishi), you can call the Dodge dealer and get interchange info. Then go on the Pick&Pull site and check availability of the cars/trucks you're looking for. (may save you a trip and precious fuel, do all your scouting on the internet first)

On the flip side, sometimes the joy is in the hunt. So, it just depends on what you want to do... :-)
    If I get any info that's more concrete for what you're looking for, I'll let you know.

Good Luck!

Array
    Status
    Chesapeake, VA
    Vehicle

Engine

4G64
    Thanks man. I did my browsing online (the pickandpull and alwaysusedauto websites) but before I go there I will give what you were talking about a looksee. Again I do appreciate the help. When I saw that picture I thought of your car as well haha

Array
    Status
    Chesapeake, VA
    Vehicle

Engine

4G64
    I called pick and pull and they have a parts interchange thing where they tell what all will work for my truck. Laser, Talon, Gallant, Colt, and I'm missing one other car from 89-95 =D

Array
    Status
    North West Florida
    Vehicle

Engine

4G64
    Just because they look the same does not mean they flow the same or read the same.

Array
    Status
    Las Vegas, NV
    Vehicle

Engine

G64B
    I called pick and pull and they have a parts interchange thing where they tell what all will work for my truck. Laser, Talon, Gallant, Colt, and I'm missing one other car from 89-95 =D
    Any luck finding your part yet? (I might take a trip to the yard soon too. Have to find some random parts for the Laser. (Any maybe a steering wheel for Max.) If you haven't gone yet, we might be able to meet up.

Array
    Status
    Chesapeake, VA
    Vehicle

Engine

4G64
    Yeah I did I went to six different junkyards to finally procure it though. The best bet for your laser would be always there was quite a few out there. Pick and pull had like two that didn't have motors. Also oceania salvage had two of our trucks (both carburated though).
    Last edited by MaxinOut; 01-10-2013 at 09:55 PM.

Array
    Status
    Las Vegas, NV
    Vehicle

Engine

G64B
    Oh yeah, I forgot about Oceana Salvage. If it's a part that doesn't cost much to ship, you can check car-part.com for treasure. (in the future I mean) glad you found your MAF. How's it running now?

Array
    Status
    Chesapeake, VA
    Vehicle

Engine

4G64
    It did improve a good deal but she is still not at 100%. Once it warms up it tends to be fine but it still has the cold issue (and an exhaust leak from hell). The weld came undone on my exhaust where I had it done. This is the second time that has happened so I believe I am going to redo my exhaust (which is a shame I love where it was/is). If you still want to meet up I won't mind venturing to some junkyards again.

Array
    Status
    Las Vegas, NV
    Vehicle

Engine

G64B
    That's cool. If the weather is good, maybe we can go later today (Sunday) after I get out of church. I'll PM you.

What motor do you have in yours? What's your goal for the build? When you redo your exhaust, you DO plan to get a DG Header right?

Array
    Status
    Chesapeake, VA
    Vehicle

Engine

4G64
    My truck is a 2.4, I want to build it to become a drift truck =). Something kinda similar to this (http://thedrifttruck.com/)

Array
    Status
    Las Vegas, NV
    Vehicle

Engine

G64B
    Yeah. I know about that badass truck. I wrote about it in this blog I used to have. I was glad to see someone do such a good job with our truck AND compete well with it on the national stage.

So you're going to do a turbo swap?

Array
    Status
    Chesapeake, VA
    Vehicle

Engine

4G64
    I know how you feel about your diamonds and you proabaly won't like my idea but, what I would like to do when I get the funds is to find/fabricate a way to put a RB26DETT in it. MONSTER. My plans aren't set in stone though. I have contemplated other swaps like a rotary swap, but I am not fully sure exactly I want yet.

Array
    Status
    Las Vegas, NV
    Vehicle

Engine

G64B
    Clearly you want some power! It's cool, I'm a bit unique to be so die-hard on the brand, but I'm just like that. (At least you want to put an import motor in it instead of SBC!) Max would be a total Giant-Killer Sleeper with the RB OR Rotary motor in it. Good luck!

Array
    Status
    london, KY
    Vehicle

1989 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    My truck is a 2.4, I want to build it to become a drift truck =). Something kinda similar to this (http://thedrifttruck.com/)
    i know its off subject but does any one know if his hood on the drift truck is a one off or if it a store piece i love the loof it gives the truck and its not over kill

Array
    Status
    Chesapeake, VA
    Vehicle

Engine

4G64
    Quote Originally Posted by baker4401 View Post
    i know its off subject but does any one know if his hood on the drift truck is a one off or if it a store piece i love the loof it gives the truck and its not over kill
    I am going to get that hood made for my truck I believe its just a custom version of our hoods just like a cowl hood style

Array
    Status
    Chesapeake, VA
    Vehicle

Engine

4G64
    Quote Originally Posted by Finnie3d View Post
    Clearly you want some power! It's cool, I'm a bit unique to be so die-hard on the brand, but I'm just like that. (At least you want to put an import motor in it instead of SBC!) Max would be a total Giant-Killer Sleeper with the RB OR Rotary motor in it. Good luck!
    Thanks man I'm not a chevy guy at all. We need to get together sometime man compare our maxes haha