Hello, my name is Tom. My user name is fitting- I am the original owner of a Baja Red 1988 Mighty Max SPX. It has 343,000 miles and runs like a top. I was a service advisor at the dealership level for over 20 years...Asian, German and domestic car makers. I also ran the detail shop at a Chevrolet/Acura/Saturn/BMW dealer, so there is not much that I have not seen over the years.

The truck is a MacroCab with a 5 speed and 2.6 Liter. Basically a loaded SPX, it had every option, I bought it from the dealer group I was working for at at the time. I have every receipt/service record from day one, which was 2/15/88. The records fill a 1" binder LOL. The truck will not die, you cannot find cheaper transportation of any kind, so I will continue to drive it. These vehicles are what I call "automobile freaks of nature"...They just refuse to quit.

The reason I have joined here is I want to do a carb to EFI upgrade, and I have to start accumulating the parts to do so. The original factory Hitachi(?) or Mikuni(?) carb crapped out several years ago, so it has been retrofitted with a Weber. (Not uncommon at all back in the day.) As far as I can tell, it is a fairly straight forward swap...as far as I know, all that is needed is an EFI intake, ECU, injectors and so forth from a 90 or up 2.4 liter. My personal mechanic is actually the tech who did the PDI new car inspection on the truck, so he will be doing the work. Bottom line, I am just sick and tired of fucking with that carburetor, and will reap tons of benefits from switching over to MPFI as it came off the assembly line in 1990.

I do not wish to swap motors to a 2.4, I just want to switch over to EFI. There is nothing wrong with the original motor, and although I am a homeowner, I don't have the room for extra motors. This seems like the right place to get what I need, so here I am. I will put up another post in parts wanted, but I wanted to take the opportunity to introduce myself.

So help a brotha out...LOL.