I'm glad I found what looks like a functional forum for the Mitsubishi mini trucks. I have an '87 4WD SPX with a 2.6 liter engine. I've had this thing for 20 years or so. It was my DD for about 10 years and then I just drove it occasionally as a utility rig until about six years ago when the fuel pump crapped out. It's been sitting ever since. I've just made the decision to try to get it back on the road, so will be looking for advice and possibly parts. It's still a great looking truck and I think some elbow grease will go a long ways in making it look good.

My first question is about the seats. There's a nice looking pair of '88 Starion black leather seats available locally. Does anyone know if these would be a direct bolt in into the SPX? I kinda doubt it, but thought I'd ask.

Anyone using an electric fuel pump? Sure looks like it'd be a lot easier than replacing the mechanical. Any recommendations for brand, or will any generic work? Where's the best place to locate it?

What do you guys recommend for pre-start precautions? After I replace the fuel pump, I'm thinking I should drain all the fuel, change the oil, and shoot some lubricant down the plug holes (Marvel Mystery Oil?). Anything else? Any words of wisdom would be appreciated.

Are there other members here from Washington? I'm in Stanwood, north of Everett.

Thanks,
Lem