Array
    Status
    Bridgeport, CT
    Vehicle

1989 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

Please Select Your Engine Type

Hi All,
    Finally had a day off and was messing around trying to find parts for my Power Ram 50 and came across this site. It seemed interesting so I joined. I've owned my 1989 Ram 50 since day one and for 24 years it has not let me down, from New England winters to the soft sand of the ocean side of Long Island, it's done all I've asked. I look forward to meeting some fellow owners, especially long time ones like myself, and getting some ideas on some performance upgrades.

Regards,
    Quentd

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    Welcome to the site - I have owned Geronimo from day one and he is an 1980. Whether its a 2.0, 2.6 or 3.0 we can help with the performance upgrades - just ask.
    Pennyman1
    The best Dodge that Dodge never made
    Living the D-50 lifestyle since 1980

Array
    Status
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle

1986 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    Welcome aboard!

Array
    Status
    Bridgeport, CT
    Vehicle

1989 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

Please Select Your Engine Type
    Pennyman1,
    After 23 years I finally started to make some upgrades to my truck. In 2010 I had to replace the 2.6L engine with a remanufactured Jasper engine, my fault it over heated on the highway and didn't pull off in time, and decided it was time to replace just about everything I could mechanically (carburator, brake lines and componates, alternator, starter, etc) and freshen up the interior (new carpet and seat covers). The truck was in good shape to begin with but I wanted to prepare it for the next 23 years. The next upgrade will be the exaust. When the engine was replaced we noticed that the exaust manifold had a crack in it, since that time I've been unable to find a stock replacement. I decided that maybe a little better performance exaust would be better so I purchased a Pacesetter header and Flowmaster muffler (1 in 2 out). I will be purchasing a performance cat shortly and piecing together the pipes after (I'll have to wait until the spring to install). After all that here's my questions; Have you or do you know of anyone that has installed this type of exaust and what type of issues did they run into? How were the emissions hooked up (I have a "Y" flange to attach to the bottom of the header)? How was the carburator readjusted? And were there any issues with passing any state emissions (I live in Connecticut)? I have many more, but I'm out of room. Thanks, Quentd

Array
    Status
    Sacramento, CA
    Vehicle

1979 Dodge D-50
    Engine

Chevy V6
    Same here 1980 man...
    Members come and members go, But the board keeps track of them.
    Find me on FaceBook
    clicking HERE.

Or look on YouTube Click Here.
    http://mobilemillwright.com

Array
    Status
    Buckingham,VA
    Vehicle

1992 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G67
    Welcome to the forum,these are great trucks,and you cant beat them

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    I have the same setup you are describing on Geronimo - pacesetter header into a 2.25" high flow cat to a single in dual 2" out flowmaster 44 muffler out to gibson tips. I also have a weber 32/36 carb jetted to match the upgraded exhaust. In PA, I had the tailpipe sniffer test done as required at the time - passed with no problem - although it passed before that without the cat but I had to put one back in to get the exhaust system installed the way it is now.
    Pennyman1
    The best Dodge that Dodge never made
    Living the D-50 lifestyle since 1980

Array
    Status
    New Bern, NC
    Vehicle

1986 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    Quote Originally Posted by pennyman1 View Post
    Welcome to the site - I have owned Geronimo from day one and he is an 1980. Whether its a 2.0, 2.6 or 3.0 we can help with the performance upgrades - just ask.
    Oh i see. Us 2.4 guys are left out of the "performance" section? I see how it is :p

And welcome to the site