Thread: 1978 Ford Courier Build

Array
    Status
    New Mexico
    Vehicle

1978 Dodge D-50
    Engine

Chevy V8
    Finally got all the little pieces I've needed to finish the engine.
    Started it up on the test stand today. I was excited about starting it so I forgot to hook up the choke which is why it wouldn't start at first and didn't react very well to the throttle. Since we know it runs now, I need to figure out where to mount the alternator, then run it again with the radiator hooked up. All in all, a very good morning for me.

https://youtu.be/aDX5Hf3yD7A

Array
    Status
    New Mexico
    Vehicle

1978 Dodge D-50
    Engine

Chevy V8
    Finally made some space and time to start on the body work.
    Started with the bed floor. There was one bad rust spot behind the left wheel well, one that's getting bad in the same spot on the right side and two quarter size rust holes near the left tail light. There are also the typical small dents on the wheel wells and floor between the wheel wells.

Here's the left side by the wheel well. Didn't get a picture before I cut it out though.
    Took a flat piece of sheet metal, made a few cuts in it and spent about 2 hours with some body hammers to get it to match as close as possible. I still need to touch up a few spots and finishing smoothing it out, but this was the progress until closing time.

Array
    Status
    New Mexico
    Vehicle

1978 Dodge D-50
    Engine

Chevy V8
    More work on the bed...

Now for the bed sides. 2 of 3 patches are in place. I'm getting them all in place so I can work back and forth to prevent me from getting carried away on one and warping the side.

Array
    Status
    New Mexico
    Vehicle

1978 Dodge D-50
    Engine

Chevy V8
    Right side just about done with minimal warpage. Need to touch up a few pin holes. Pictures don't do much justice...but it is what it is.

Left side started (fuel door). There are two small spots I'll have to patch as well due to some rust between the layers.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345