Array
    Status
    Cape Coral Florida
    Vehicle

1988 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G63B

Easiest bucket seats swap?

So looking for the easiest bucket seats swap.
    No welder.
    Any insight would be awesome thanks

Array
    Status
    Siskiyou County, CA
    Vehicle

1987 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    I think there are a few types of seats that swap in pretty easily depending on whether you have the inner tracks already (if you are upgrading from stock buckets to different buckets keep the tracks off the old ones). if you have a bench seat in your truck you may have to hunt down some seat tracks. if you want the comfort of bucket seats but don't mind or want just a better bench seat, the macro cab trucks often came with a split bench that is a million times more comfortable than the basic bench seat most of these trucks have but you will still need to keep the seat rails from your existing bench if you have a single cab truck since the single cab uses shorter seat rails than the macro cab. If you want actual bucket seats though I want to say that someone here used Hyundai Tiburon seats although i don't remember if the seat rails had to be swapped or not. I think lots of older japanese seats could swap but you might need to swap seat rails. Also first gen montero/raider seats should swap but I know they need different rails on them to work. If you find a junked Starion or Conquest I would bet that those would switch over pretty easily and would be very comfortable although those are pretty rare. You may have to bring a tape measure and some wrenches and see what fits in a truck like yours at a junkyard, then let us know of anything found that fits good that we may not know of

Array
    Status
    Nevada
    Vehicle

1984 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4D55-T
    StarquestMan,

Are you referring to the extended cab mighty max when you say macro?
    I may start looking for that seat as I like having a bench.

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    Seat swaps aren't hard. The Gen 2 seats fit Gen 1's so if you're looking to ditch a bench seat either grab the seats out of a Gen 2 and use them, or borrow the rails and modify a pair of buckets from a JY. If you can use a tape measure and a power drill, it's dead easy But be prepared to shed blood. Most pressed steel seat frames have razor sharp edges where the metal knock outs for the holes were die cut. If you want to retain the donor seat adjustment functions, you may need to do some fabrication with steel tube etc.
    support the forum that supports you - join and donate to MightyRam50.Net today! donations unlock the edit function