Thread: Engine Management for EFI Trucks (2nd Gen)

Array
    Status
    Las Vegas, NV
    Vehicle

1994 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G64B

Engine Management for EFI Trucks (2nd Gen)

What's up everybody?! Has anyone ever installed an adjustable fuel pressure regulator(AFPR) on your EFI truck? I'd like to know if someone has already made a fuel rail adaptor, or how people deal w the OE regulator hole in the rail.
    OR
    What solutions have people come up with to overcome the OE rich fuel settings in the ECU when your truck was all motor? Piggyback? Standalone? Some custom setup?

My dyno guy thinks I can wring a bit more power out of the motor if I can lean my A/F a little. What do you think? Here's a link to my baseline run chart.
    http://www.mightyram50.net/vbulletin...2&d=1334276787

Thanks for your suggestions!

Array
    Status
    Columbus, OH
    Vehicle

1992 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

Other
    In the past I used an APEXi SAFCII and a Zietronics wideband o2 sensor to adjust my fuel with the stock computer.

Array
    Status
    Las Vegas, NV
    Vehicle

Engine

G64B
    Quote Originally Posted by LSR Mike View Post
    In the past I used an APEXi SAFCII and a Zietronics wideband o2 sensor to adjust my fuel with the stock computer.
    That's cool Mike. Glad I can still use the stock ECU. Thanks! Did you run into fuel cut, rev limit, or any of the other standard OEM Computer set limits? I'm working to squeeze as much power out of the stock setup as possible.

Array
    Status
    Columbus, OH
    Vehicle

Engine

Other
    Holy thread resurrection!
    I never ran into those problems.
    I went with a E Prom ECU and had the code modified for a 9000 RPM Rev Limit along with a few other minor tweaks. I managed to get 120MPH out of that setup.

Array
    Status
    Vacaville, CA
    Vehicle

1989 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G63-T
    Do they have a fuel rail similar to the dsm's? Maybe you can use a rail adapter for them on the truck. Sorry cant remember what the 4g64 fuel setup looks like

Array
    Status
    Las Vegas, NV
    Vehicle

Engine

G64B
    Quote Originally Posted by LSR Mike View Post
    Holy thread resurrection!
    I never ran into those problems.
    I went with a E Prom ECU and had the code modified for a 9000 RPM Rev Limit along with a few other minor tweaks. I managed to get 120MPH out of that setup.
    That's cool. Seems pretty straightforward. i saw your other post about the solid lifters from the 1.8 and the stronger springs, so that should help a lot. And I was checking out Zeitronix for the Laser, so I'm glad the tech will crossover. I like their setup. Got a link for the EPROM ecu for the trucks or does it cross over from the DSM's?

Array
    Status
    Las Vegas, NV
    Vehicle

Engine

G64B
    Quote Originally Posted by DroppedMitsu View Post
    Do they have a fuel rail similar to the dsm's? Maybe you can use a rail adapter for them on the truck. Sorry cant remember what the 4g64 fuel setup looks like
    Dropped, the setup is slightly different from the DSM's, but I think the rails look similar. I'm going to try to get away with the stock setup as much as possible - especially since it's rich on fuel and not lean, and it will save me any custom headaches I might encounter. If I remember correctly, the regulator is at the end of a long metal tube that feeds the fuel from the line. The regulator itself is attached to the end of the rail near toward the front of the motor.

Array
    Status
    Columbus, OH
    Vehicle

Engine

Other
    The eprom ecu I bought from http://www.foreignecurepair.com/

The e-Prom was done by Tom Dorris at DSM-Link. I've since converted to a AEM ECU for the Eclipse, relatively easy. added a couple wires to the harness, the Igniter, coil and Throttlebody from a junkyard Eclipse, total engine management, and a Turbo upgrade path.

Array
    Status
    Sacramento, CA
    Vehicle

1979 Dodge D-50
    Engine

Chevy V6
    I want to say we have somthing in the tech section on e-proms. Not sure if it covers your truck. I came across the info and just stuck it in there.
    Members come and members go, But the board keeps track of them.
    Find me on FaceBook
    clicking HERE.

Or look on YouTube Click Here.
    http://mobilemillwright.com