Array
    Status
    Mckeesport pa
    Vehicle

1981 Plymouth Arrow Truck
    Engine

G54B

tailgate flipping on a 1980d or a 1981 arrow

This is how I did my tailgate: first you have to cut out the entire oval handle section and weld in a piece behind because you want it to be flat ,set a straitedge on the gate and you will see the panel raises up at the handle. Then cut out the back of the tailgate in the area where the handle was, but it has to be cut to still be able to mount the inside door pull from a 79-86 d-50. You need to shorten the inside door handle latch rod and sort of put a bend on it so it wont fall out of the hole. I didnt use any clip to hold the rod That hole is drilled in the latch rod pivot bracket just below the left latch rod. Mine has been done for over 10 years so I don't remember if that hole is there or if we drilled it. that latch pivot bracket may have also been moved off center of gate to clear the pull handle. Then just cut out the access panel only large enough to use the original door panel escutcheon. and screw it onto the door pull just like the original door is inside the truck. I am new to the forum but I am also the guy behind pennymans crazy restoration, paint and bodywork on Geronimo. I hope the pictures will show up on the sight if not I will ask for help from one of you guys.

More surprises to come including some cool parts I want to sell
    Attached Images

Array
    Status
    Tulsa, OK
    Vehicle

1994 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G64
    This is awesome! Thanks for sharing.

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    He offered to put up the pics so I didn't have to take mine apart - hopefully this helps everyone with the tailgate handle flip. The truck he has that on will finally be going back together once a mutual friend finishes the motor for it. Stay tuned for the reassembly - pics will be taken in progress of the resurrection of his Arrow pickup.
    Pennyman1
    The best Dodge that Dodge never made
    Living the D-50 lifestyle since 1980