Array
    Status
    knoxville, TN
    Vehicle

1989 Dodge D-50
    Engine

Please Select Your Engine Type

New D50 Owner

I found this website searching for information on my recent purchase. I have a 1989 Dodge D50, 4 cyl., 5 spd. w/ 142k miles. I just purchased it and have replaced a few parts so far (radiator, timing belt, balance belt, drive belt, water pump, rad. hoses, valve cover gasket and a full tune up)! It's a base with no a/c and no p/s. I bought it to drive back and forth to work for the fuel mileage. Pretty clean truck, normal wear for a 20+ year old truck. Only issue I have now is with the carb. It's a Weber. Everything is hooked up right but the truck falls flat on hard acceloration, but will rev to the moon in nuetral. Going to try to tune the carb this weekend. Any information or help would be appreciated! Hopefully this truck will hold up to its reputation and last me for quite awhile!

Array
    Status
    Sacramento, CA
    Vehicle

1979 Dodge D-50
    Engine

Chevy V6
    If you look in the manual section> first gen manual> weber carb.PDF That will help. You probably need to adjust the float. It's easy. Sounds like it needs to come up a little.

Welcome to the site.
    You won't find another mechanical site quite like this on the net. Be sure to take full advantage of everything we have. Including 300 .PDF manuals a Wiki and an on-line radio station you can take control of and become the DJ while listening to and surfing the net. With nearly 10,000 track we will have something you will like. And if we don't have it, then upload to the station to share it with the rest of the MightyRam50 community. See the MMD5 Radio links above. You can click listen now to use your player OR click the java player for a browser based one.
    Enjoy.
    Members come and members go, But the board keeps track of them.
    Find me on FaceBook
    clicking HERE.

Or look on YouTube Click Here.
    http://mobilemillwright.com

Array
    Status
    Buckingham,VA
    Vehicle

1992 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G67
    Welcome to the site,its the best on the web

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    second on the float - also check the filter right below the inlet to be sure it is clean. Another place to look is the accelerator pump - it may be bad or need adjusted
    Pennyman1
    The best Dodge that Dodge never made
    Living the D-50 lifestyle since 1980